Wisconsin

Milwaukee/Madison.... Garden, Elegant but Rustic Venues

Hello!!!

I am currently living out of state and am not from Wisconsin.  My fiance and I are looking for an outdoor space to hold the reception.  I love the idea of an open field with beautiful lights and that vintage, garden feel.  We are trying to keep the budget very small.  I am also open to an indoor location if it is more of a blank canvas.  I LOVED south shore pavilion right on the marina, however it is booked a good part of next year.

I am searching and searching and a little overwhelmed.  I don't want to have to rent porta potties for my guest which is another thing!  

PLEASE HELP!!! lol 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  With all the guest flying in, we want to keep the location around an hour from the airport.

THANKS SO MUCH

Answers

• Hi! Check out Schlitz Audubon Nature Center. It's north of downtown Milwaukee about 15 minutes. That is where I am getting married - outdoors. They have a reception hall too that is very nice - rustic yet new.

I also think there is a pavilion near Lake Park Bistro. I ran past it the other day and there was a wedding being set up. I am not sure the name but I think it's a county or city-owned park.

Good luck!
  • thank you!  I will check them out!
  • You didn't mention size of your wedding nor budget which would also be helpful to know...

Check out Cedar Valley Center.  It's a rustic/secluded location with lodging and the grounds are beautiful.

Not sure if some of these have weddings/receptions on grounds, but it'd be worth checking - Little Switzerland... Cascade Mountain... Olympia Resort...  and Devil's Head...   

Also, since you love the pavilion, why not choose a date that they've got open and go with it. 

• You're right, sorry about that! we are TRYING to keep the wedding between 10-15k.  Approximately 100 guests. I will check out these venues as well :) thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards