Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Limited children at the reception

My fiancée and I are limiting the smaller children at our combined wedding and reception to our children; our nieces and nephews and two participants only. I know one can't say "No Children" on the invites but is it appropriate to a) Include only the parents names on the invitation and b) post on the website that we are limiting the children invited to immediate family and ceremony participants only due to limited space?

Re: Limited children at the reception

• Options
    A is exactly what you should do. I wouldn't do B. As the PP says, if anyone RSVPs for their kids or anyone else who isn't invited, just call them and tell them politely, "I'm so sorry for any confusion, but the invitation is only for you and SO. That's why only your names are listed on the envelope. We aren't able to accommodate any other guests."
  • Options
    My fiancée and I are limiting the smaller children at our combined wedding and reception to our children; our nieces and nephews and two participants only. I know one can't say "No Children" on the invites but is it appropriate to a) Include only the parents names on the invitation and b) post on the website that we are limiting the children invited to immediate family and ceremony participants only due to limited space?
    What exactly do you mean by this?  Are you not inviting any children, or do you have a "cut off"?
  • Options
    I would not tell anyone about who you intend to exclude.   Instead just do as you proposed and address invitations that are to just adults to just the adults.   
  • Options
    It's perfectly fine to invite some kids but not others, as long as you aren't splitting up a family.

The invitation should only ever be addressed to who is invited. It would be rude to state who isn't invited, thus address your invites to the adults and if they RSVP for more, as PPs have said, you can call and tell them the invite is only for them. 
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    It's perfectly fine to invite some kids but not others, as long as you aren't splitting up a family.

The invitation should only ever be addressed to who is invited. It would be rude to state who isn't invited, thus address your invites to the adults and if they RSVP for more, as PPs have said, you can call and tell them the invite is only for them. 

This.

Just addressing the invites to those invited is fine.
    But if you have an an aunt and uncle, say, and you plan on inviting their 13 year old and their 16 year old but not their 5 year old, you can't do that that either.

Assuming you aren't splitting up families (by inviting some of the under-18 children but not all of them), then just addressing to those invited is fine.
  • Options
    "A" is appropriate, "B" is not.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards