Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Nail Advice

So...I'm 12 days out from my wedding (!!!!!!). And OF COURSE, my typically strong nails have been breaking left and right the last couple of weeks. I think it's just a combo of colder weather making them brittle and them getting long enough that they snag on everything. Anyway, I was fine with having sad, short nails on the wedding day cause I know with a good mani they'll still look good.

But now, my left ring finger just broke again. With less than two weeks I don't think there's much to be done naturally, like taking vitamins or whatever. So my question is, what are people's experiences with tips? I'm worried they'll ruin my nails. But I know a lot of pictures will probably be taken of that hand.

Part of me just doesn't care at this point. Is anyone going to look back and say, "she looked gorgeous but her nails were short..."? Probably not.

uggh wedding brain! 

Re: Nail Advice

• Options
    If you get tips, you can go back to the salon to get them removed after and that will minimize damage (as opposed to ripping them off yourself). My nails grow quickly so even if there was some damage, it grows out fairly quickly.

But you are right, no one will notice your nails and short nails with a good manicure look better than bad fakies. 

This is one of those things that will only bother or affect you, so you need to decide if you think you'll be aware of your short nails on your wedding day and if that's enough to get tips. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

Thank you...you're so right. Not even an issue.

Why do these stupid little things seem like such a big deal just because WEDDING?! If I was having a party I would never care if my nails were long or short...sigh.

• Options
    I think you should skip the tips. You could just get a gel manicure. 
  • Options
    Instead of getting tips, find a nail tech who does hard gel or acrylic extensions (where they sculpt the hard gel or acrylic to create an extended nail, using a form (sticker)).  Extensions are more durable than tips, don't damage the natural nail by putting pressure on it (this happens from the curved shape of the tip, which is why nails can hurt after having tips done, especially if the size is incorrect or the tip too curved for your natural nail) as the extensions are sculpted using the shape of your natural nail.  The whole thing is then soaked off (acrylic) or filed off (hard gel) by a nail tech once you want them removed and there should be no damage at all to your natural nails.  
  • Options
    @DebbieWyatt thank you! I've never heard of that before. I'm definitely going to ask my normal nail girl about this!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards