Not Engaged Yet

TBT - Halloween

labrolabro member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited October 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
I'm super bored - let's talk Halloween!!

That's me on the right as a butterfly, @southernpeach89 on the left as a Dalmatian, and our youngest sister in the middle! This is circa 1992 you guys!

Anyway, I'm curious about everyone else's Halloween traditions so -

What was your worst/most embarrassing Halloween costume?

What was your best/most creative Halloween costume?

What Halloween traditions did you have growing up?

What's your favorite thing about Halloween as an adult?

Do you decorate for Halloween?

Share a photo if you've got it!

Re: TBT - Halloween

• What was your worst/most embarrassing Halloween costume?
    The amount of times I went as a cat or witch lol

I went as the moon. I fell in love with this crescent moon mask one year - middle school ish ... so late 90s early 00s - and my dad drew constellations on my leggings and attempted to draw the Earth on front of my shirt and Mars on the back. It was all glow in the dark fabric pen on black

What Halloween traditions did you have growing up?
    My best friend and I lived super close to each other, so she'd come over and we'd wind our way from my place to hers and then near by. As kids, we had to see which mum was available to walk with us to further streets.

What's your favorite thing about Halloween as an adult?
    Seeing the kids. Some costumes are great! One year it was a baby's first hallowe'en and they dressed him up as Nemo :)

Do you decorate for Halloween?
    Nope. Maybe if I lived in a house. My mum always had my plug-in ghosty and stuff in the windows. Growing up my cats were an orange tabby {like Garfield basically - fat, orange and kind of a suck} and other was black and white. Kids loved them. Once our tabby realized how much praise he'd get, he'd sit by the door so he could be seen. lol
  • @CocoBellaF OMG your story about Halloween with strep throat is so sad and adorable all at once! I love the puppy dog costumes!!

• @speakeasy14 That sounds like something @southernpeach89 and I would do. We're such horrible sisters to the youngest one. I love your picture!!! But it looks like someone is still dressed as a guy in the bottom right corner?

• @Swazzle OMGGGG LUCY!!!!!!!!!!!!! And your decorations look great!

• @labro that's my youngest cousin, he didn't get the joke.  I think he was 7 at the time so we let it slide
  • @speakeasy14 OMG I am dying over that costume!!

@beachyone15 I legit snorted over your dad and his wineglass and the oatmeal!

• @AlPacina - OMG your face! You are NOT having that costume at all! 

• What was your worst/most embarrassing Halloween costume? What was your best/most creative Halloween costume? I don't know! I'm that loser today who cannot remember any of my costumes. I have shame.

What Halloween traditions did you have growing up? Trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.

What's your favorite thing about Halloween as an adult? I'm looking forward to handing out candy and watching Nightmare Before Christmas with H - it's a tradition thing for us.

Do you decorate for Halloween? Failing as an adult again - no, I do not.
  • @minskat - What a gorgeous angel! .......... But seriously, I know how you feel. My oldest nephew turned 16 this year!

• Late to the party but I want to play! 

What was your worst/most embarrassing Halloween costume? It wasn't horrible, but one year I wanted to be Cleopatra, but for whatever reason I decided to wear a metallic foil wig instead of a black wig with the rest of the costume. I don't know what 10 year old me was thinking. It looked like this:

What was your best/most creative Halloween costume? When I was 8 I went as Tara Lipinski. My mom made an awesome costume for me that was similar to her costumes, and somehow made these shoe covers to look like ice skates. Still my favorite one from childhood to this day. As an adult, I went as the Big Bad Wolf for a few years, and that was an absolute hit in my college town. And FI and I did a couple's costume two years ago as "The Hoods":

I brought a ton of mini wine bottles in my basket to this party :).

What Halloween traditions did you have growing up? I lived on the corner of two streets, and as a result we would always get a ton of trick or treaters. We loved decorating the front porch. We even had a flying bat hanging from the ceiling on fishing line!

What's your favorite thing about Halloween as an adult? I actually enjoy handing out candy and meeting the neighbors. I do also like dressing up, but I like to have a reason to.

Do you decorate for Halloween? Not this year unfortunately, but we do plan to in the future! Money was tight with the wedding, and this is the first place we have lived that we could actually decorate, so we don't have any. We want a full on haunted house that the kids have to go through to get candy in the future though!

• What was your worst/most embarrassing Halloween costume? probably something as a kid my mom would try to make me recycle old dance recital costumes

I loved the year H & I went as Wesley and Buttercup from The Princess Bride
    What Halloween traditions did you have growing up? none that I remember

What's your favorite thing about Halloween as an adult? Scary movies!!

Do you decorate for Halloween? No
    This is such a cute idea!  I might steal this idea one day.  

For couples costumes, H and I have only been to one Halloween party together and we were engaged at the time and thought it would be funny to go as a recently divorced couple "to get it (divorce) over with".  We went as Katy Perry and Russel Brand.  :)  We also have Mulder and Scully on our list.  I tried to convince H to go as Where's Waldo once so I could be Carmen Sandiego but he didn't get it...he didn't read/watch American books/TV growing up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards