Destination Weddings Discussions

Wedding Reception after Destination Wedding?

My husband and I married this past August among just our immediate family at the ocean.  My brother was the only one who could not be in attendance, as he was deployed and serving overseas. We had planned to have an intimate reception that he could attend since he could not be present for the wedding once he was back home on leave.  This has become a great challenge to plan, however, since he is not given the dates he is allowed to come home until almost last minute.  The next time we know he will be home will be for the holidays, around Christmas.  Would it be appropriate to plan a reception that far past the wedding date, especially now that I am pregnant?? 

Please help!!! I don't want to disappoint family or make anyone feel left out.  Thank you!

Re: Wedding Reception after Destination Wedding?

• It won't be a reception, but rather a celebration of your marriage. This sounds like the perfect instance to look into booking a private room at a nicer local restaurant. Treat everyone to dinner and drinks and enjoy each others' company without all of the other trappings.

• My husband and I married this past August among just our immediate family at the ocean.  My brother was the only one who could not be in attendance, as he was deployed and serving overseas. We had planned to have an intimate reception that he could attend since he could not be present for the wedding once he was back home on leave.  This has become a great challenge to plan, however, since he is not given the dates he is allowed to come home until almost last minute.  The next time we know he will be home will be for the holidays, around Christmas.  Would it be appropriate to plan a reception that far past the wedding date, especially now that I am pregnant?? 

Please help!!! I don't want to disappoint family or make anyone feel left out.  Thank you!
    You cannot have a wedding reception after your wedding day.  That ship has sailed.
    You can have a party any time, though.  How about a party to welcome your brother back?  You can show off your wedding pictures.  Congratulations on the pregnancy!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards