Honeymoon Discussions

Unconventional Honeymoons?

My fiance and I are planning on backpacking around South America for 5 months after the wedding :) Who else has gone on, or is planning, an unconventional honeymoon?

Re: Unconventional Honeymoons?

• Part my HM was unconventional. We got married and HMed for part of the time on a private island in Australia. It is a national park with 6 luxury tents, no electricity, no connectivity whatsoever, and is only accessible by boat after taking a helicopter to a nearby island. So, we "glamped" for a bit!

5 MONTHS is quite a long time to HM! I would never have that much time to anything interesting like that, but it sounds very adventurous!

• We are looking an unconventional honeymoon  - The Trans-Siberian Express from Moscow to Beijing.  My fiancé works for the airlines and has seen a lot of this world.  This trip was something on his bucket list, so I figured a honeymoon was a great time to do it. 

Bonus, 8 days on a Russian train will really solidify our marriage! 

• We did a few days in Amsterdam, then 6 days on Safari in South Africa,  a few days in Paris, then a few days in NYC.   Our last night was spent at the last home game at old Yankee stadium.

We lived in the islands.  Having your typical beach honeymoon would be like staying at home for us.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • We did part of the Med - Egypt, Israel, Turkey area.  Loved it.  My Brother/SIL did 3 months in Australia for their HM.  They backpacked down the Gold Coast back to Sydney.  They actually came home a couple of weeks early cos they were homesick (or maybe out of cash too)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards