New York-New York City
Options

Transporting guests?

Hi everyone. Me and my fiance are planning a wedding for May 2017. It's still far off so we're just slowly researching. We don't want to spend much so we're looking at venues in PA/NJ/CT/Upstate NY. We're from NYC, most of our family is here and all of our friends are here too. Most don't own cars and so I want to know how I can make it easier for them to get to and from the wedding. I don't know how it normally works, especially when it comes to scheduling their trips back home, and what normally happens the day after a wedding. We're planning the reception to end late at night and don't want the trip home to be a reason they leave early. I would like to have a brunch the next day. I guess I'm not sure what exactly to ask, except what should we do? Rent a bus to bring them to and from New York? Book hotels for them even if it's an hour away by car? Have a brunch in the city instead of the venue? Find a cheap venue nearby? All of these things? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Transporting guests?

• Options
    If you are concerned about travel, the best thing is to book your venue first.  Every venue has nearby hotels so they will recommend some to you.  You can arrange with hotel for transportation (many provide).  If that's not an option, each town, borough has some kind of a bus or passenger van rental company.  Stay away from limo companies as they are very expensive.  Only use one for you and your bridal party.  Don't offer to pay for a trip "home" as that would be a fortune.  If you get married in Jersey and need to bring a bus back to NYC, have the company arrange for a pick up at venue and then drop off at a centrally located place in NYC, say like 59th Street and Lexington Avenue.  Everyone can catch a cab or train from there.  Don't have your party too late if travel will be an issue.  End like at 10PM.  If it takes people two hours to get home, they won't want to attend your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards