Wedding Woes

It's Wednesday

How is the week going?

I found out yesterday that my friend's 9yo daughter was in a car wreck Monday night.  She had to have surgery to repair a hernia caused by the seat belt.  I feel awful for her.  I'm sending her a little care package.  What should I add to a coloring book, crayons, a word find book and a cute little nail kit that comes with two colors, a butterfly design and gems?

Re: It's Wednesday

• that's awful. glad that the injury wasn't more serious - sounds like the belt saved her life. 

age appropriate book? some kind of craft kit? (learn to knit or crochet/make bracelets)

How long will she be in the hospital? 
  • I'm not sure how long she'll be there, but she'll still need to recover at home.  I think I'll pick up a book for sure and look for a craft that she can do sitting in a bed.  Thanks for the ideas.
  • Dot to dot books?  My nieces seem to be really into those. 
  • Some cute decorated cookies or suckers?  For sure the craft kit, my GD that ages loves all kinds of crafts.
  • My week has been busy. 

Monday night - gymnastics. 
    Tuesday night - I went out to dinner and a concert (Andrew McMahon /New Politics) with one of my friends. 
    Today: Wolverine's 5th birthday. I'm guessing we will go out for dinner or dessert. 
    Tomorrow: frantic housecleaning
    Friday: my parents fly in around noon, and I need to pick them up at the airport. 
    Saturday: possible Ren Faire trip (if the weather is decent)
    Sunday: possible bowling and dinner out with my parents and some friends
    Monday (9th) : Parents fly home.
  • tawillers said:
    How is the week going?

I found out yesterday that my friend's 9yo daughter was in a car wreck Monday night.  She had to have surgery to repair a hernia caused by the seat belt.  I feel awful for her.  I'm sending her a little care package.  What should I add to a coloring book, crayons, a word find book and a cute little nail kit that comes with two colors, a butterfly design and gems?
    Does she have a Rainbow Loom already?
  • I feel fabulous today.  My makeup looks good, my hair looks good, and I really like the outfit I'm wearing.  My hashtag has been #FatFortyandFleekasFuck.  :D  (I'm not really 40, but close enough and alliteration is worth it).

Getting my hair trimmed and highlights redone.  Have pub night with friends tonight that I'm looking forward to.  News article interview went well yesterday.  I'm feeling better in my own skin than I have in months.
  • Heffalump said:
    tawillers said:
    How is the week going?

Does she have a Rainbow Loom already?
    I'm not sure.  That's also a good idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards