Flowers

Boutonniere dilemma

While talking with a possible florist vendor, the lady asked me about what we wanted for the boutonniere. I am having a brooch bouquet and I guess usually the groom's boutineer matches the bride's bouquet. Given that I have a brooch bouquet with a mix of colors and flowers (I would post a pic but it hasn't been put together yet), what would anyone suggest that would look good. I don't think my fiance will want to wear a brooch.

Re: Boutonniere dilemma

•  Your FI and groomsmen do not need to wear boutonnieres, especially if they are wearing pocket squares.  It used to be a rule that you didn't wear both, but that has relaxed.  If you really want them to wear boutonnieres, just get plain carnations.  They are traditional and budget friendly.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It sounds like your brooch bouquet does have flowers in it? For my H's and groomsmen boutonnieres we selected a single rose and some small accent greenery and hypericum berries. You should always choose one of the flowers or colors used in your bouquet and use that for inspiration for the boutonnieres.

• Obviously confirm with your FI what he wants to do...  I'd say stick with using the flowers that are in your bouquet to coordinate.  There are tons of bout options out there, it doesn't have to be an exact match to your bouquet as long as things are relatively consistent.  Otherwise, you could simply go with traditional bouts for the guys depending on what your BM are having for their bouquets.  He may not want to wear a brooch but there are lapel pins that are more masculine which would coordinate well with your bouquet and something he'd be able to reuse. 

• Just have him wear to match other flowers at your wedding, even if it doesn't match your bouquet. If it matches other decoration flowers, it will still match the overall feel of the wedding.  Or he doesn't have to wear one at all.  Or he could wear whatever type of flower he wants to wear.  Honestly, this is one of those small details that have little consequence and few people will notice anyway.  My husband didn't want a boutonniere, so he didn't wear one (no pocket square either)... it looked fine.  Ask him what he wants, go with that, and don't stress over it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards