Wedding Woes
Options

This is why people bitch about nosy neighbors.

Dear Prudence, 
A house in my neighborhood has an extremely tattered American flag atop a flagpole. I would like to purchase a new flag for the home and ask if I could have the old flag, so that I can ensure it is properly disposed of. I am struggling to think of a way to walk up to the home, and ask for the flag that will not offered or seem judgmental of the occupants. I don’t want them to feel bad that they might be unable to keep up the exterior of their home. But as a veteran I feel the need to help Old Glory. 

—Star Spangled

Re: This is why people bitch about nosy neighbors.

• Options
    He can offer, but they also can decline. Pride is a powerful emotion, and it might not be received well or they can be very grateful for the offer. You never know.
  • Options
    This is one of those "Go Top Secret Special Ops - Gilly Suit if necessary" times and replace it without so much as a word to anyone if the flag is truly in that bad of shape...  Never know, they could have the new one inside and just haven't had a chance to put it up, or the flag pole is messed up and they can't get the old one down...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards