Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Any reason NOT to send Save the Date 10 months early?

Our wedding is in late September 2016. About half of our 55 guests are out-of-towners, so we want to send StD (ideally magnets) before the holidays. We have already booked our ceremony / reception / main lodging. 

Is there any reason NOT to send StDs already? I see that 6 months is standard but if we have the date set, why wouldn't we give our guests as much time to save / plan / think about it as possible?

Re: Any reason NOT to send Save the Date 10 months early?

• Options
    You can send STDs anywhere between 6-12 months.  Just know that whoever you send a STD to MUST also get an invite.  So if for some reason something changes with your wedding plans/budget and you need to make cuts, you can't cut those that received a STD.

• Options
    I think your timing is fine because it's at about 10 months.  If you were doing this earlier than one year, that would be too soon.  Just remember to follow up every save-the-date with an invitation.  With that in mind, I'd limit the save-the-dates to guests who will definitely be invited no matter what.  Anyone who is iffy I would hold off on sending save-the-dates to and just send invitations later.
  • Options
    Yes, the timing is fine. Just make sure you are 100% certain you are inviting anyone who gets one.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards