Illinois-Chicago

DJ

Hi everyone. I am looking into DJs right now and short of emailing the companies directly none of the websites have pricing. Would you mind sharing who you are using, the price, and how long you have them for? We just want a DJ-no uplighting or photoblooth or anything else.

Thanks in advance!

Re: DJ

• We used Backthird Entertainment (based out of Geneva but will come to Chicago) and everything was great! We paid $1600, with the hours technically being from 5:30 to midnight. The guy showed up even earlier for set-up, of course, and stayed later for breakdown. This included ceremony music, as my entire wedding was in one location. No extra uplighting or anything else.
    I really liked their online system which made it super easy to plan every detail of everything that could possibly happen at a wedding- announcements, cake cutting, toasts, spotlight dances, etc. Easy to enter your Do Not Play, Please Play, different genres you do and don't like, a huge library of songs and lists for you to peruse... it was really excellent.
    I will say that they have several DJs and your price can vary based on the experience of each. I visited the company based on a recommendation of a friend; her DJ would have been $100 more than the DJ we chose.
    Assuming you're having a wedding over a meal time, you also owe them a vendor meal. If they have to pay to park (city wedding could be common), then you pay their parking too.

• DD used Toast and Jam. Her wedding was 4 years ago, and I believe the cost was $1200. They had Kristin as their DJ. She was awesome.

Their website is pretty thorough. They are out of Wicker Park, I believe, but my daughter was married in a NW suburb.

http://toastandjamdjs.com/about
  • Thank you both for the information. Much appreciated!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards