New York-Hudson Valley

Outdoor non-venue locations

Hey all, my fiance and I are having trouble deciding where we should have our wedding. We looked at a few venues but there are so many added costs that come with these types of locations and we are really trying to stay low budget. We want to do something outside but are having a hard time thinking of locations. We were thinking of doing it on his parents' property, but there are a ton of logistics we would need to iron out. Does anyone have any unique ideas about where we would be able to have a tent wedding at low cost? 

Re: Outdoor non-venue locations

• Is there a specific county you're looking in? I believe Torne Valley Vineyards allows you to tent on their location. 

You could check out Storm King Art Center. They host private events on their grounds. 

How big is your guest list? Could you maybe find a restaurant that would let you tent on their location? 
  • That's a tough call.  You should contact the department of parks in the area you wish to marry in.  They can direct you to locations that you could see.  People can arrive, you have a lovely ceremony (allow no more than 1 hour for everything) and be sure there is a hotel or somewhere nearby that they can use the rest room; or a park that has access to restrooms.  You could try museums and universities that have outdoor gardens and they often include seating, restroom, access to water/refreshments for just the
    ceremony.  Of course, be wary of location distances from ceremony site to reception site.  You don't want to stress with lots of driving.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards