Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

save the dates and invitation

Hi! I am about to send out my save the dates next week and can't figure out the right way to address them. 
I have 7 bridesmaids and all of their families are invited. 5 of them are in college, do I send a save the date to my bridesmaids at their college address and one to their family at the home address? Or is sending one to the home address enough? 

Re: save the dates and invitation

• Options
    Everyone over the age of 18 should get their own invite and STD.   So you should send one to the your BMs and their families.   Also if any siblings are invited and they are adults living at home they should get their own also.

I had to send 5 to the same address.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Same as PP.  Send one to everyone over the age of 18.  It does get tedious, but its the right thing to do.
  • Options
    If they are in college, though, you might want to ask where they want you to send the invite. My college-attending cousin wanted me to send it to his parent's house because his university mail system is ~unreliable~ (which I think was actually code for "I never check my mailbox")
  • Options
    Send anyone over 18 their own save-the-date.  But I would inquire what address anyone in college should have it sent to.
  • Options
    Agree 100% and side note... make sure that your college recipients CHECK THEIR MAIL! <3 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards