Wedding Invitations & Paper

When to send out Celebration Party Invitations?

Hi Everyone! 

My amazing fiance and I are getting married in an intimate ceremony. Then a few weeks later we are hosting a celebration party to celebrate with friends and family. This party will be falling on Memorial Day weekend. 

I have read that because the party falls on a holiday weekend, we should send out the invitations earlier than the typical 6 - 8 weeks. When should we send them out? A friend suggested that we should send them out in February. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Is February too early to send out celebration party invitations?

Re: When to send out Celebration Party Invitations?

• Honestly, since this is just a party I wouldn't send out invites any sooner then 4 weeks prior.  Even that may be slightly early.

• This is a party, not a wedding.  Four weeks should be fine.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • 4 weeks is plenty. Maybe 6. 

You can mention it to people in passing ahead of time if you like. 
  • Thank you everyone for your advice... I accidentally left out a big piece of information... The caterer for our Celebration Party needs an accurate head count 2 weeks before the event. With that being said, should I still send out the invitations 4 weeks prior or is more time necessary? I'm not sure how much time is appropriate to reserve for RSVPing. 

• 4 weeks should still be plenty of time. That gives them about 2 weeks to answer, and a few days for you to hunt down any stragglers who didn't answer.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards