Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

DefConn is ready for snow.  DH and I are all, "Yeah, nope!"

I'm so looking forward to my day off tomorrow.  I don't think I'm going to do much of anything.  I may go have lunch with DH, but other than that...I'm just going to relax/putter around the house. 

DH applied for a company that's literally down the street from our house.   I'm not holding my breath, but it would be nice.  

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    Dh has still made zero tday plans. It's getting to the point it would be rude to show up and I'm getting annoyed.

I'm making turkey for dinner tonight.

Dh has to get new pants for family pictures. The one good thing about these pictures is that he's going to be forced to buy dark jeans.
  • Options
    Morning. This was one of those mornings no one could wake up, everyone was rushed, and now I feel like I forgot something.

I need to make a post on coats. I need some halp with figuring out what to wear.
  • Options
    Hello.

I've gotten most of my work done this morning.  I just need to do a little bit for the other payroll client.

Yesterday DH and I built this  table for behind part of our sectional.  I need to stain it today.  I'm happy with how it looks so far and it only cost us $6.76 (had to buy some wood, had some 2X4s already, using screws and stain we already had).
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2015
    For a number of reasons, our orders have been down at work.  We have a lot of customers in oil and gas, and with oil prices so low, they are ordering less.  And we have a good number of customers who sell internationally, and with the dollar pretty strong, they haven't been as competitive.  So our numbers are off.  Hourly people were cut from 40 hours/wk to 35 a few months ago, budgets have been cut, travel has been cut (which is actually good, for me), no bonuses, etc.  Today, they announced mandatory furlough for everyone on 11/30, and possibly additional days next month. 

DH is freaking the fuck out.  I understand where he's coming from, truly.  But he is also very skittish about money, and also very glass-half-empty, so he's all "I think you need to start looking for a new job and be out of there within three months."  I'm more like put out feelers, have contingency plans, keep up with my contacts, touch base with recruiters--keep my options open, but wait and see, don't panic.  We are going to have to Talk all this through tonight, and it is not going to be fun.  :\  For some reason, when he gets wound up, I "catch" it from him, and then we're both on edge and it sucks.  I think I'm going to pour myself a glass of wine after the kids are in bed, before the Talk.

Anyway, I think I'm going to use a vacation day that day.  I have a few left that I was saving for the holidays.  Maybe I'll finally use my spa gift card!

ETA: 
    tawillers said:

Yesterday DH and I built this  table for behind part of our sectional.  I need to stain it today.  I'm happy with how it looks so far and it only cost us $6.76 (had to buy some wood, had some 2X4s already, using screws and stain we already had).
    That table is awesome, and such a good idea!

• Options
    @heffalump. I'm sorry to hear that.

@tawillers that table is fantastic. I think we need to make it too.
  • Options
    The table was so easy.  We didn't make it an L because one part of our sectional has the wall/banister/shelf surface from the stairs behind it.  So this table is going behind the other part of the sectional, between it and the windows.

We made it slightly thinner by using only 2 1X4s for the width and we only made it 6ft long.  It only took me about 15 minutes to stain just a bit ago.

Hell, here's a pic of the area, to better explain.  Don't mind the bare walls and windows. This pic is from 2012 and we had just painted.

• Options
    I love that table.  What a simple idea that will make a world of difference. 
  • Options
    Your sofa looks very comfy.
  • Options
    Thanks, Nola!  We love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards