Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Amazon Registry Review all thumbs down

Dear Brides. FYI I am finding out now that I can not exchange anything from amazon. Some of the boxes arrived open (missing shipping slips) or not at all. Apparently it's ok for them to lose gifts in transit. I am still trying to find two gifts that I know of.... how many more are missing? I was told I had to call all of me guest and ask them if they sent anything from amazon to get a true list. I registered on my registry.com and added gifts from Amazon. On the site it say the gifts were delivered.  I now realize was a very bad decision. I would avoid this 100% if I had the chance to do it again. We have stuff that came in damaged as well. And I can't do anything about it. Good luck.

Re: Amazon Registry Review all thumbs down

• Options
    So did you actually create an Amazon gift list through their site or did you just add products from Amazon to another registry site? If it is the latter, then yes, that is a common problem you will create no matter what site you use.

This is why it is always best to not use a registry aggregator but just use the store websites themselves. I have used amazon registries before and they were always fine.

It is a shame about your boxes and lost gifts, but if you didn't use the actual Amazon registry, then there is no way Amazon could know they were for you. If you use the Amazon registry, it is bought through a specific code that tracks your wedding and gifts. Otherwise, it is just like verbally telling your friend to buy you X dishes from Amazon, and expecting Amazon to know they were for you.
  • Options
    I've used Amazon for years, .com and .ca (I live in Canada). I've had to return stuff to the States and Canada through the site and NEVER had an issue. I even used their baby registry and didn't have an issue with returns when I had multiples. 

As LondonLisa is telling you, the issue is with the 3rd party site. This is why we advocate against them here. Caveat Emptor.
  • Options
    Too bad, I had a great experience with my Amazon.com registry.  But, I registered directly with them, not a third party site.  Sounds like your issue is more with the third party site than Amazon itself.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Dear Brides. FYI I am finding out now that I can not exchange anything from amazon. Some of the boxes arrived open (missing shipping slips) or not at all. Apparently it's ok for them to lose gifts in transit. I am still trying to find two gifts that I know of.... how many more are missing? I was told I had to call all of me guest and ask them if they sent anything from amazon to get a true list. I registered on my registry.com and added gifts from Amazon. On the site it say the gifts were delivered.  I now realize was a very bad decision. I would avoid this 100% if I had the chance to do it again. We have stuff that came in damaged as well. And I can't do anything about it. Good luck.
    Your problem was with myregistry, not Amazon.  

• Options
    TBH, Amazon is one of the best places I've worked with in terms of exchanges.  Received a birthday gift once, it was broken.  Went through their return menu, and literally 20 minutes later my mom called wanting to know why she had been credited back for the gift.  (It was from her.)  Two days later, I had a shiny new replacement in hand.  I've exchanged kid shoes that didn't fit, an iPhone charger that said it worked with my brand of case and didn't, an item that shipped but never arrived, you name it.  They are always really fast and easy to work with.

So yeah, I would save the thumbs-down for myregistry.  I have never understood the appeal of these sites, and now this is one more reason that I don't.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards