Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

potentially awkward initials?

Okay, was doing mock-ups of invitation wording today and FI looked over my shoulder and went "ha! don't put our initials, then people will think we're kidding."
Our initials and J and K.
If we monogram our invitations we're J&K. Or I guess K & J. Or KPJ...whatever you get the idea.
Is it really that close to JK (just kidding) that it'll be weird?! I need the hivemind on this one.

Re: potentially awkward initials?

• Options
    Okay, was doing mock-ups of invitation wording today and FI looked over my shoulder and went "ha! don't put our initials, then people will think we're kidding."
    Our initials and J and K.
    If we monogram our invitations we're J&K. Or I guess K & J. Or KPJ...whatever you get the idea.
    Is it really that close to JK (just kidding) that it'll be weird?! I need the hivemind on this one.
    If I received an invitation with the initials JK, I wouldn't think twice.  

BS may be a different story.   ;)
  • Options
    The initials are not an issue.  Do post your mock-up wording before you order, though.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Good thing your names aren't Fiona and Ulysses.
    Your initials are fine. I wouldn't associate J & K with 'just kidding.'

• Options
    Just flip the order and go with K & J if it bothers you that much.
  • Options
    That's what I thought. I'm not worried but I didn't even think of it before he said something. Glad y'all agree that it isn't too weird. @MairePoppy Fiona & Ulysses...hahaha! 
  • Options
    frenchiekinfrenchiekin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2015
    I think it loses the "just kidding" association when you have the ampersand between them.  if it was just "JK" next to each other I might think just kidding for a second, but forget about it because obviously they are your initials.  FWIW, my step-sister and brother-in-law have the same initials.  They went with K&J on their invites.

ETA - actually, now that I think of it, my BFF and her H also have the same initials - and I think they used J&K on theirs.  Obviously I never thought twice about it!  NBD.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards