Michigan-Detroit

DJ Real Thoughts

I am hoping to get some real thoughts/pricing ideas from some of you... We have been looking into the DJ for our wedding at Meadow Brook.  I wanted to keep it affordable since we splurged big time on the photographer we wanted.

I had talked to a few and we had met with DJ Crashers. I liked their price and the fact that despite being pretty cheap they had a lot of positive reviews.  They quoted us photo booth, dj and uplighting (which my fiance has his heart set on for some reason) as $1,200 which is CHEAP. My finace wanted to talk to more people so we did not book at our meeting with them.  When I emailed to set up to book with them because they were about half the price of anyone else I talked to I was told that they never book that far in advance and wouldn't be able to let us put a deposit for a year.  

It makes me anxious because that was not what they said when we met with them in September and even after I brought that up, the owner remained firm that would wouldn't book for 2017 until November 2016.  I'm a little uncomfortable with the idea of using them now and am wondering what reasonable means to other people and what they thought of the DJs.

Thanks!

Re: DJ Real Thoughts

• We were going to book DJ Crashers, but they were booked for our date.  We went to a wedding that used DJ Crashers a little while back.  It was one of the most beautiful weddings I have seen in a while, but I have to say, my Fiancé and I were not impressed with the DJ.  It was just ok, not bad, but not very memorable (maybe the DJ was having an off day or you get what you pay for).  What made the wedding fun was the fun we had dancing (regardless of the DJ) and friendships which is not something you can purchase!

That being said, I don't think it's a bad company (they do have very good reviews).  And it's not unreasonable for them to ask you to wait until November, but make sure their prices haven't changed since your last meeting.  If you do book them (they book up really fast because of their prices), perhaps you would want to make sure to do some research and request a specific DJ if there are any great ones mentioned in reviews.  Let us know what you ended up doing.  I see it's been a month since you posted, but I thought I would add my comments since I just read the post.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!  I appreciate it.  They definitely won't let you choose your DJ and they had talked about taking some time off so I'm a little worried that if they tell us we can't book for a whole year that they might not be around after that!

I definitely appreciate the feedback on the wedding you went to.  That's kind of what I figured/expected from them.  Ok, not bad but not great.  

Do you mind asking what DJ you went with for your wedding?
  • No problem!  It's best to go with your intuition with vendors!  Our DJ is a friend of a friend who does not DJ any more.  We begged him to come out of "retirement" since we knew he was good.  He said he would for us, but he is not booking clients any more.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!  I appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards