Chit Chat

NWR - Recipe Book Template

Does anyone know of a good recipe book template? I've been searching online and haven't found anything that is close to what I'm looking for. Mostly I'm finding templates for just recipe cards, which I could use, but I was hoping to fit more than two recipes to a page.

I'm working on typing up all of my Grandmother's recipes and wanted to put a small book together for the family for Christmas. 

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NWR - Recipe Book Template

• Honestly, I think two recipes per page is enough. More than that, the print gets tiny. I would rather it be easy to read while I am cooking. That's what my mom did for our family recipe book and it works great.

No suggestions for a template, but what I have done in the past is insert a table with 2-3 columns and a bunch of rows into a word doc. Ingredients with amounts go in the cells on top, then I merge the cells underneath to type in all the directions. I also remove all lines from the table so it is just the text. It keeps everything lined up and looking nice.
  • I looked at doing this years ago and was going to use Mixbook website that has some templates to make your own recipe books. Maybe look at that?

I can't imagine more than 2 recipes per page though unless they are really short.

• Thanks! Yes, I agree with you both, more than two recipes would be quite crowded.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have used Tastebook in the past. It turned out really well but I think it's only one recipe per page.
  • It might be overkill, but I have several church cookbooks that were all done by Morris Press Cookbooks.

They were done as fundraisers, but you could check them out and see if they offer more options.
  • Here's an example of a page. Some have fewer recipes if longer.
  • My mom made something like this for us (her children) recently. She purchased a bunch of three ring binders and filled them with plastic sleeves and then photocopied the recipes and stuck them in the sleeves. She left extra sleeves for us in the binders. It's great because I can remove recipes if I'd like but more importantly, I can easily also add to it. She put dividers in the binder for different categories, too.
  • My aunt did this after by grandma died, and I am pretty sure that there are 1-2 recipes per page, depending on the length of the recipes. I'll take a look when I get home and see if the company name is anywhere on it - if not, I can ask my aunt what template she used. It turned out really nice!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards