Snarky Brides

Don't know how I feel about this...

Ok, so the pictures are gorgeous, and overall, this is a trip I would LOVE to take with family and friends- but for a wedding??  Methinks there is just too much "no" here...  (ohplusalso, it appears there was a PPD-lite afterwards)

http://www.bridenh.com/Fall-Winter-2015/Hollie-Kirwan-and-David-Leonard/

Re: Don't know how I feel about this...

• I guess it depends on who you want there? I mean, obviously most people's grandparents are not going to be able to do that. Unless the couple ONLY speaks to people who are hardcore skiiers/outdoorspeople, the guest list is going to be severely limited.
  • I don't really mind the fact that the wedding took place at the top of a (super tough to climb) mountain... if I knew this couple and was invited to their wedding, I would probably go.

But I don't like the bride's advice to "throw the rule book out the window and do whatever makes you happy!" 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Well, I don't do cold.  So, I'd go and stay in the lodge by the fire with my book until everyone got back for hot toddies.  Because hell no.
  • Honestly I wouldn't mind. As previous posters have mentioned, it would really limit the guest list but if that's what the couple wanted and it was clearly communicated to everyone in advance I have no issue with that. Also, I know that my brother wants to do something similar to this when he gets married so perhaps I'm a bit biased. He has also told my parents that if they're too old/frail etc. that he'll get them a donkey to take them up the mountain. Granted, I know he's kidding, but its still a funny image. 
  • peachy13 said:
    I don't really mind the fact that the wedding took place at the top of a (super tough to climb) mountain... if I knew this couple and was invited to their wedding, I would probably go.

But I don't like the bride's advice to "throw the rule book out the window and do whatever makes you happy!" 
    Why?

Also, it doesn't sound like they did a PPD. Celebrating with friends somewhere else does not equal PPD.
  • peachy13 said:
    I don't really mind the fact that the wedding took place at the top of a (super tough to climb) mountain... if I knew this couple and was invited to their wedding, I would probably go.

Why?

Also, it doesn't sound like they did a PPD. Celebrating with friends somewhere else does not equal PPD.
    Because it is usually code for "screw your friends and family, do whatever you want even if it is rude/horribly inconvenient to your guests."
  • peachy13 said:

Why?

Because it is usually code for "screw your friends and family, do whatever you want even if it is rude/horribly inconvenient to your guests."
    I'm sure this was inconvenient for their guests, but so what? If the guests knew ahead of time they'd have to climb a mountain in the dead of winter in the northeast and still came, then they made a choice. I guess I don't get bent out of shape over someone's wedding venue unless the guests don't know what to expect ahead of time. If they know, then I'm also of the mindset of doing whatever you want for your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards