Chit Chat
Options

Got rear-ended tonight.

And I have to work tomorrow and can't have lunch or dinner with family due to the shift they gave me (call center). What a nice one-two punch!

I moved to the Hampton Roads area two years ago and ever since then have lived in daily fear of an accident. These drivers are fucking AWFUL and constantly slam on their brakes. Unfortunately tonight my number was up.

All things considered, it is fine. There was some damage to my bumper, and to her grill and front bumper/fender/whatever. She had two kids in the car and no one was hurt. We are both insured, and state police came quickly and all was resolved in 30 minutes or so.

She sent me an email with Thanksgiving wishes and that was so sweet of her. We were both very shaken up.

Even so, I hate you Hampton Roads drivers!!!!!!!!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Got rear-ended tonight.

• Options
    :# Glad everyone is okay!
  • Options
    I grew up in Hampton Roads, moved away from there 3 1/2 years ago. You are NOT kidding about the drivers. It's unreal. I want to come back to Virginia eventually (hopefully in the next couple of years), but I never want to live in that area again. Glad you're ok!
  • Options
    Glad you are okay and sorry you are missing Thanksgiving tomorrow. They better save you a ton of delicious stuff for when you're off work! 
  • Options
    spockforprezspockforprez member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Thank you @holyguacamole79 & @lc07 - I appreciate the nice words! And yes, I asked FH to make me a plate haha. I will get to have Thanksgiving with my family this Sunday, too.

@sunflower0592
    I grew up in Hampton Roads, moved away from there 3 1/2 years ago. You are NOT kidding about the drivers. It's unreal. I want to come back to Virginia eventually (hopefully in the next couple of years), but I never want to live in that area again. Glad you're ok!

Omg. Thank you. It's the worst! The only place I've been where they are worse is Maryland. And to the bolded, YES! I'm from the Richmond area originally. We have a 10-year plan to move to Southwest VA and I can't wait!!
  • Options
    I'm glad you're OK.
  • Options
    Glad you were not hurt!  And I agree with you. The drivers here suck!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Glad you are okay.     Sorry you are missing thanksgiving.  Try to have a good day anyway.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Thank you @holyguacamole79 & @lc07 - I appreciate the nice words! And yes, I asked FH to make me a plate haha. I will get to have Thanksgiving with my family this Sunday, too.

@sunflower0592

Omg. Thank you. It's the worst! The only place I've been where they are worse is Maryland. And to the bolded, YES! I'm from the Richmond area originally. We have a 10-year plan to move to Southwest VA and I can't wait!!
    The DC Metro area is a SHITSHOW- I have relatives around the College Park area in MD and going to visit them is always an ordeal. I don't understand how people deal with the traffic there on a daily basis. 

I lived in Bristol, VA for my first year of college- it's SO beautiful there, but the area is struggling pretty hard economically. If I could find a job that would afford me to live in the Charlottesville area, I'd be out of here in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    Glad you're okay! Maybe take a heat pad to your neck and shoulders tonight to stave off sore muscles from whiplash. Usually kicks in a day or two later.
  • Options
    Thank you @Jen4948 @AddieCake @lyndausvi

@teddygirl9 thanks! That's good advice about the heating pad. I do seem to be okay, though, thank goodness. I have chronic back pain and tension headaches anyway, lol, but I've been doing fine the last couple of days and certainly no worse than usual. 
  • Options

@sunflower0592

The DC Metro area is a SHITSHOW- I have relatives around the College Park area in MD and going to visit them is always an ordeal. I don't understand how people deal with the traffic there on a daily basis. 

I lived in Bristol, VA for my first year of college- it's SO beautiful there, but the area is struggling pretty hard economically. If I could find a job that would afford me to live in the Charlottesville area, I'd be out of here in a heartbeat.
    I would use the train if I lived in that area and would only buy a home where I had a short walk to the station. I couldn't do it in a car.

Charlottesville is gorgeous! My FH is a Virginia Tech alumnus so I don't think he'd ever allow us to live there, haha, but we love the Blacksburg and Christiansburg areas. My grandparents are in Carroll County and we'd like to be near them. But yes, it does depend a lot on career opportunities! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards