Wedding Party
Options

MOH dilema when MOH lives overseas

I'm getting married in October 2016 and I haven't asked the girls I chose to be my bridesmaid yet. I have 2 MOH but they both live overseas and most likely will miss all other wedding related events but the wedding lol. So I have friends telling me that I should make one f the bridesmaids from here my MOH, what do you guys think? In that case, I would have 3 MOH and 5 bridesmaid... I'm not replacing the two MOH who live overseas, I would add one more because replacing  not an option.  

Re: MOH dilema when MOH lives overseas

• Options
    Yes that's exactly why lol. I don't think that's tight either... The friend who said that is actually one of the girls I will invite to be my bridesmaid.
  • Options
    Yes that's exactly why lol. I don't think that's tight either... The friend who said that is actually one of the girls I will invite to be my bridesmaid.
  • Options
    Sounds like someone is pushing to be a MOH.

• Options
    Umm...my MOH lives overseas. She'll  be here for the wedding. That's pretty much the requirement. There are no pre-wedding things that anyone has to do.
  • Options
    You know that you don't even need to have a MOH at all, right? Unless there really is one or more of the girls/guys that means the most to you its perfectly fine to just have 8 bridesmaids. Then everyone is equal and no one assumes that any parties or showers should be thrown only by those with a MOH title.

But if you want to have a MOH please pick who really means the most, not who can do the most. The H in MOH refers to the fact that you are honoring her/him and not the other way around.

• Options
     I'm getting married in October 2016 and I haven't asked the girls I chose to be my bridesmaid yet. I have 2 MOH but they both live overseas and most likely will miss all other wedding related events but the wedding lol. So I have friends telling me that I should make one f the bridesmaids from here my MOH, what do you guys think? In that case, I would have 3 MOH and 5 bridesmaid... I'm not replacing the two MOH who live overseas, I would add one more because replacing  not an option.  
    I see this all the time on other posts and I still don't get it...  is there something funny here?  Did 'lol' become acceptable punctuation to end a sentence?
    I'm guilty of it!  My friends complain that I'm a bitchy texter so I usually add something so the reader knows it's lighthearted.  It's become a bad habit now.

OP, I come from a circle where the bridal party always helps, it's just what we do.  As soon as we booked our venue, two of my girlfriends offered to help set up.  However, you set the tone for your expectations, and those should be to show up in the dress/color you chose, be fairly sober, and take photos.  Only you can make them feel like it's a job instead of a honor or vice versa;
  • Options
    OP my MOH lived across the country and therefore she couldn't attend many pre-wedding things like shower, dress shopping, etc.. Sometimes when we talked I'd tell her about stuff like we picked our cake today and I'd tell her the flavors but mostly it wasn't wedding talk. We decided to have the bachelorette party the night before the rehearsal so that she could just travel once and she planned that from where she lives. It worked out fine.

Don't add another MOH just to have someone local. I took my one local bridesmaid to my final dress fitting, I didn't make her MOH because she just happened to be local or because she helped me with a part of the wedding. If they really want to be involved in a pre-wedding event see if you can do it really close to the wedding that they only need to travel once or it's fine if they don't make any and just show up to the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You know that you don't even need to have a MOH at all, right? Unless there really is one or more of the girls/guys that means the most to you its perfectly fine to just have 8 bridesmaids. Then everyone is equal and no one assumes that any parties or showers should be thrown only by those with a MOH title. But if you want to have a MOH please pick who really means the most, not who can do the most. The H in MOH refers to the fact that you are honoring her/him and not the other way around.
    Yes, I agree with you and that's why I chose my best friend from who lives abroad and my cousin who also lives abroad. They mean the world to me. The other 6 women in my party are part of my everyday life and I love them very much but since we are all mutual friends I thought it would be hard to pick only one to honor, so I decided to go with my cousin and childhood friend. 
  • Options
    OP my MOH lived across the country and therefore she couldn't attend many pre-wedding things like shower, dress shopping, etc.. Sometimes when we talked I'd tell her about stuff like we picked our cake today and I'd tell her the flavors but mostly it wasn't wedding talk. We decided to have the bachelorette party the night before the rehearsal so that she could just travel once and she planned that from where she lives. It worked out fine.

Don't add another MOH just to have someone local. I took my one local bridesmaid to my final dress fitting, I didn't make her MOH because she just happened to be local or because she helped me with a part of the wedding. If they really want to be involved in a pre-wedding event see if you can do it really close to the wedding that they only need to travel once or it's fine if they don't make any and just show up to the wedding.
    Thanks for the reply... I don't think I am adding anyone local. This pretty much just came to my mind because my friend who is going to be invited to be one of my bridesmaids mentioned that my MOH should be local. I felt like she was pushing to be my MOH by saying that I would have no shower no pre-wedding events, that everything would e a mess if I didn't have a local MOH. I got upset about that but saw no sense in what she was saying. I think, if you are part of someone's wedding party, you are important to them so why would she say things like that? Well, it is what it is, she will be a bridesmaid like it or not. She is very controlling anyways so I'd never put the other girls in a situation where she wants to take over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards