Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

What kind of reception am I having

Lord this has gotten so complicated in the 15 years since my last wedding.....

Ok I am having fried chicken and salads with cheese fruit and veggie trays and drinks.... at 1pm

Is that picnic style? Or Dinner?

Re: What kind of reception am I having

• Lord this has gotten so complicated in the 15 years since my last wedding.....

Ok I am having fried chicken and salads with cheese fruit and veggie trays and drinks.... at 1pm

I'm not sure I understand the question. Why/where are you trying to describe the reception?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Lord this has gotten so complicated in the 15 years since my last wedding.....

I'd call it a Lunch Reception.
  • You don't need to name your reception.  A reception is just a time for you to receive your guests. But since your reception is at 1pm, you are serving lunch.

• TO clarify... all the invitations I see these days have it as "Please join us for an XYZ style reception following the ceremony" etc etc
  • TO clarify... all the invitations I see these days have it as "Please join us for an XYZ style reception following the ceremony" etc etc
    That's not necessary or even technically "correct". Just say "reception to follow".
    Yup.

• I have to laugh because my parents/siblings call lunch "Dinner" and "Dinner" means supper... 

I'd say "Lunch reception to follow" so guests know that you're going to be serving a full meal so they can plan accordingly.

• In other news, can I come?  I love fried chicken.
    Married 9.12.15
  • If your reception is in the same location as your ceremony, then all you do is put "Reception to follow" at the bottom of your invitation.  It is not correct to describe the food you will be serving.
    If your reception is in a different location than your ceremony, then you need a separate reception card.

Reception
    One o'clock
    Venue Name
    Address
    City, State (No zip!)

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Depends on the venue. If you tell me picnic style I'm thinking that it's going to be picnic tables & a park pavilion so probably coming dressed more casual. If you are having it in a hall, for sure go with followed by "reception"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards