New York-Long Island
Options

Affordable Wedding Venues for a very Small wedding

Finally after 7 years of being with my significant other, we finally decided its time to wed. It’s very difficult planning a wedding on a very small budget of $10-15K and that’s not the only problem I have. Both my fiancé and I don’t have a many people to invite. We also have another problem My father and Mother are Jehovah's witness and we cant do our wedding in the church (I'm catholic and so is my Fiancé) because of this I need to get a venue that we can do our ceremony in as well as reception :( We are a small family with only 50 people at most. Most of my Girlfriends’ have told me that many venues have a guest number requirement of min 100 people but I really don’t have that many to invite. Does anyone know of venues that are affordable in Queens, Long Island, and Brooklyn NY?  I’m already stressed. 

Thank you in advance for your comments and time :) 

Re: Affordable Wedding Venues for a very Small wedding

• Options
    I'm not positive, but I know that Lombardi's on the Bay (Patchogue) has delicious food and a gorgeous space for ceremony/reception. Their maximum is around 175 people - so I would definitely check it out if you were interested in a waterfront setting.

Also, another beautiful location for a ceremony/reception is The Cottage at East Wind!

I'm not positive on the minimums for these places, but I know they are both reputable and do great jobs on weddings. I've been to both places for numerous events and they both do great jobs. They have beautiful spaces, but are fit more for smaller sized groups! I hope this helps! :-)
  • Options
    Teeniebean89 Thank you so much for this information, I will be googling and visiting these too. Thank you again for the comment.
  • Options
    can you check out restaurants? for a small group like that it might work out well in a private room.
    or a destination wedding maybe?

• Options
    aww, you're welcome! some other places that also came to mind are Georgio's in Baiting Hollow (on golf course - beautiful). I've been to parties there that catered to smaller groups (30-50 people), and food is delicious! Also, Bellport Country Club is very nice and, if they are still catered by Irish Coffee Pub (I'm not positive if they are or not) - their food is amazing.

Also, I visited the new Sea Star Ballroom at Atlantis Aquarium in Riverhead (which is gorgeous). That room is very big - but if I remember correctly, the person I spoke with mentioned they also cater to smaller events in other rooms. I have also been to an event there and they catered and did a very nice job!

Good luck on your venue hunt! You'll find something great :-)
  • Options
    I am having a "smaller" wedding and during the winter months, venues are much more willing to work with you on minimums and lower them for you.  Sunset Harbour and Sea Cliff Manor (where I am now booked) both gave me minimums of 60 guests (and had GREAT prices).  Westbury Manor and Swan Club also have a few different sized rooms, so they should have something that will work with your size party.  Good luck!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_affordable-wedding-venues-for-a-a-very-small-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:120Discussion:9b512ed1-2f5b-4762-90c4-468541e48987Post:d9b5b8ec-cd22-4173-a95c-ddeaf3e42a4d">Affordable Wedding Venues for a very Small wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]  Finally after 7 years of being with my significant other, we finally decided its time to wed. It’s very difficult planning a wedding on a very small budget of $10-15K and that’s not the only problem I have. Both my fiancé and I don’t have a many people to invite. We also have another problem My father and Mother are Jehovah's witness and we cant do our wedding in the church (I'm catholic and so is my Fiancé) because of this I need to get a venue that we can do our ceremony in as well as reception :( We are a small family with only 50 people at most. Most of my Girlfriends’ have told me that many venues have a guest number requirement of min 100 people but I really don’t have that many to invite. Does anyone know of venues that are affordable in Queens, Long Island, and Brooklyn NY?  I’m already stressed.  Thank you in advance for your comments and time :) 
    Posted by CVM713[/QUOTE]

There are MANY venues that can accommodate a small number of guests. Also, your budget isn't that low given you are only expecting 50 guests. Are you into DIY decor? That will save you a lot of money?

What is your vision for your wedding? Have you considered hiring a planner/coordinator to keep your wedding within budget? It may be wise to go with a coordinator but DIY everything. The money you spend on a coordinator will definitely be worth it with DIY/ a nontraditional route
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards