Wedding Party

Wedding Question

edited December 2015 in Wedding Party

Re: Wedding Question

• Have you been a bridesmaid? The pre-wedding stuff just isn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea. The only thing they are required to do is get the dress and show up in it sober and ready to stand up with you on the day of your wedding. It's nice to have all your friends around for the parties, but it can be too much for some people, and you need to respect that they know what is too much for their schedule and for themselves.
  • Well that was fast, guess you answered her question @geebee908!

• Too bad it wasn't quoted!
  • The gist of it was that she has a 8 bridesmaids and 4 of them are longtime friends. Two of the friends can't come to the bachelorette because they're busy or some such thing. She offered to let them step down if the bridesmaids responsibilities were too much for them, but she's disappointed that they can't or won't be there for the pre-wedding stuff.

I knew just after I stepped away from the computer that I should have quoted.
  • A bridesmaid always has the option of "stepping-down."
    So OP and lurkers that's not something you ever say to your bridesmaid. It's insulting because
    1. Duh they have the option to step down. It's a free country. Don't need bride's permission to step-down.
    2. It's hurtful to your bridesmaid because they'll think you want them out of the wedding

I think it's hilarious that this terminology is used when a bride isn't happy with her brideslaves. "Oh, the bridesmaid isn't doing enough fawning over and spending time and money on me... I'll be generous and allow her to step-down." *sigh*
  • If that's her attitude, then her bridalslaves are better off stepping completely out her life.

• You would want your friends to step down from being in your wedding party just b/c they can't attend the bachelorette party?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards