Nevada-Las Vegas

Is my wedding day plan feasible??

edited November 2015 in Nevada-Las Vegas
Helloo!
I'm planning from the UK and just wanted opinions on our possible plan for our wedding day and if people who've been think it would work!

So the chapel at sunset gardens for the ceremony, it's off strip (mccarran airport end) and has unlimited photography included (bonus)
We are having hors d'oeuvres and drinks at sunset for the guests while we have our photos.
Then the reception at Maggiano's which is obviously at the other end in fashion show mall.
As they are at opposite ends of the strip the plan is to get limos for all the guests from ceremony to reception and stop at the Vegas sign enroute. We will provide champers to keep them entertained on the ride as I'm aware the traffic will take time.

How long would people recommend we hired the limos for to get us from subset gardens to Maggiano's going via the sign for photos?

Does this sound too faffy or feesable? Gonna be 20-30 guests

Thank yoooou

Re: Is my wedding day plan feasible??

• You may find a party bus will be a lot easier.  The parking at the sign is fairly limited so getting a bunch of limos in may be a problem if there are already other people at the sign.  Next up, getting 30 people off the transport, at the sign, posed, photos, etc. load back up, will take longer than you'd think.  I'd allocate at least 45 minutes or more to get just the sign stop accomplished.  Other than that, traffic time to Maggianos will depend heavily on the day of week and time of day.  You can use Google maps to check the typical traffic times by setting the day/time when getting directions (three points: chapel, sign, maggianos); that may help.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Great, that's really helpful thanks. We were thinking of getting a party bus instead of limos anyway so you may have swayed us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards