California-Los Angeles

New knotty looking for rec's

Hello all! I am a brand new knotty (and bumpy) looking for recommendations for my ceremony and reception

I am planning a late Summer/Fall wedding next year and I am looking for any venue recommendations you may have in the LA or Orange County areas. I would like to have the ceremony and reception in one location (preferably, ceremony outdoors, reception indoors). I also need to keep the venue under $3000 and I am expecting to have around 75-80 guests. Any suggestions?

My fiancee and I really liked the Richard Nixon Library, have any of you had a wedding there? If so, what was your experience like?

Thanks for your feedback!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: New knotty looking for rec's

• KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married at Temescal Gateway Park in Pacific Palisades, C.A.  Ceremony outdoors, reception indoors, everything is B.Y.O. 

For a 12 hour rental it was $3000 plus a $1000 security deposit that you get back if you don't mess anything up.  It was beautiful!! 

Check out my planning bio to see some pics. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • nikojammnikojamm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what area you are looking for, but I got married at Pickwick Gardens in Burbank and I think it was around your budget.  I can't remember all the pricing right now, but they have different menu prices and options.  The outside was beautiful.  I got married in October, so a lot of the flowers were in bloom.  I also had about 75 guests.

Let me know if you would like any more info and I can look it up.  GL!
  • eleven3eleven3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at the Pacific Electric Lofts Building, and are doing both the ceremony and reception there. We paid $3000 for the venue. It will be in the Penthouse Ballroom.  It's a gorgeous venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lschmiedgelschmiedge member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MelissaMather:

I'm considering having my wedding at Temescal Gateway Park next summer (I saw some pictures that Joyce emailed me and it looks beautiful). A few questons: who did you use for your caterer? Did they provide everything such as food, alcohol, setup, cleanup linens?  Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this website and am not quite sure how to look at your planning bio. 
    Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Los Angeles River Center would be gorgeous that time of year. It can very easily accomodate your ceremony and reception in ONE place.  They book fast so you might want to give them a call and look at their website to get a better idea. I wanted to have my reception there but it was already booked!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards