Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

David's Bridal Regency?

Has anyone seen a wedding with Regency bridesmaid dresses from DB? I like the color, but look blue-ish online, and in the picture I took of it, but are definitely purple in stores. If anyone has seen this used, or has considered using it, your thoughts?

Re: David's Bridal Regency?

• Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I just went to Davids with a friend who needed to try on her BM dress in this particular color. It was certainly a purple but in different lighting it looked blueish (more like the color online...) You can purchase a fabric sample of this color for $1 at David's - I know we did it with the browns they have so I could compare!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I do have the sample.. I just don't want it to look blue in pictures, and I can't seem to find a good purple form other designers! They are all too reddish, like eggplant, so I kind of feel stuck at the moment.
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    edited December 2011

So you're looking for more of a blue purple???
    I can ask the friend what color her dress looks like in the pictures she took at the store and let you know but from what I gathered it was definitely a blueish purple...
    Have you looked at the Lapis color by DB?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess not a blue purple, just not eggplant, sorry I'm so confusing! I have seen lapis too, it seems really dark, but could be an option! Thanks for all of your help :)
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    edited December 2011
    No problemo!
    I know it is terribly hard to figure out colors!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Amethyst from Mori Lee. Its like a Viking Purple but here is a pick in case you are interested. We purchased ours from Mestads, but believe Mori Lee is all over.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Shan, I will definitely keep that in mind, and look at that color!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Future FYI the dress was $100 plus $10 to ship. I wanted to stay under $150 so its an awesome price!
  • Options
    jessrhyne05jessrhyne05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw this blog and wanted to comment, you might have made your decision already so just ignore if so lol. I just got married at the end of August and we used regency, orange and brown. Today I received a canvas I ordered and I noticed that the regency looked a little blueish. But in other pictures they look purple.  I think the brown makes it look more purple but I could just be seeing things. Ill attach some pictures so you can see. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What color did you end up choosing? I am having the same problem with Regency and can't decide...
  • Options
    My mother and I did flowers for a friend's wedding and she used regency. Anyone who thinks they change colors in the light is NOT crazy. They look blue in direct sunlight and more purple in the shade and inside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards