Chit Chat
Options

Baby Due in July, Wedding in October

So I found out about a month ago that I was pregnant.  My wedding date is set for October 1st and I have the church, hall, photographer, DJ all booked with deposits made and everything.  My baby is due in July & I just don't know how this is all going to work out.  Both my parents & in laws are willing to help take care of the baby on the day of but I'm still so unsure about how this is all going to go.  Does anyone have any advice or has went through this kind of situation? 

Re: Baby Due in July, Wedding in October

• Options
    I would try to manage your expectations of the day. Nothing is easy to predict post-partum. But I agree that you should hire a babysitter. Babies get over stimulated very easily, so it would be nice if the babysit could take your baby home if it starts to get fussy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My niece was 6 months old when her parents got married.   She was at the ceremony and part of the reception for pictures. If feel like SIL's sister held her, but maybe it was my parents.  I know it was one of the family.

During pictures and some of the reception niece was passed around, but mostly the babysitter was taking care of her.   Eventually the babysitter took my niece to SIL's parent's hotel room (reception held at the same place).  The grandparents watched her all night.  Bro and SIL got her early the next day (they were staying at the same hotel).

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Congratulations on your fantastic news! 

I have few girlfriends that have fallen preggers whilst planning their wedding and it was really fine, they had beautiful weddings and had a great time (though they probably fell asleep a bit earlier!). It sounds as though you have a good start on everything so assuming you are happy to keep your date as is you will be fine! One of my girlfriends decided to pull the date forward and have a smaller wedding, but the rest carried on as planned. One of them told me that the deadline of the baby arriving actually gave them perspective on what was important (ie food / drink) and what was "extras" (decor).

• Options
    So I found out about a month ago that I was pregnant.  My wedding date is set for October 1st and I have the church, hall, photographer, DJ all booked with deposits made and everything.  My baby is due in July & I just don't know how this is all going to work out.  Both my parents & in laws are willing to help take care of the baby on the day of but I'm still so unsure about how this is all going to go.  Does anyone have any advice or has went through this kind of situation? 
    Congrats!  I agree with the PPs.  My only other advice would be to get a dress that is a bit more flowy to accomodate your postpartum body.  Also take into account that your breasts will likely be larger at that point.
  • Options
    Congrats!  I agree with the PPs.  My only other advice would be to get a dress that is a bit more flowy to accomodate your postpartum body.  Also take into account that your breasts will likely be larger at that point.
    And leaky.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had kids yet, but my sister was a BM at my wedding and had an almost two month old. My one piece of advice is to make sure to plan the day with enough time for the baby. Make sure you have time for feeding/nursing planned into your day and possibly a little time to put baby down for naps.

I have a lot of family and a few cousins who love babies. So I think my nephew was just passed around for most of the evening. But I think the idea of getting a sitter is really nice, especially for the ceremony. You want someone who can miss the ceremony if the baby starts fussing, your parents probably really value seeing you get married.
  • Options
    Congratulations!

• Options
    My niece was about three months old at her parents' wedding, and she did great.  I think a babysitter is a fantastic idea, though she was mostly passed back and forth between the grandparents (who were fighting over whose turn it was to hold her, LOL).  But it was a short, informal ceremony and she slept through it anyway. 

Totally doable.  Congrats and best wishes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards