Flowers

Ordering Baby's Breath early

Hi there - I searched and couldn't find an answer to this. I'm hoping someone with experience can help!
I am purchasing a bulk order of Baby's Breath through Sam's Club to make our bouquets and centerpieces.  I can pick the delivery date, but our wedding is on December 27.  Ideally, I've read having them sit in a bucket of water for 2 days would be best, to allow them to bloom.  Obviously, they cannot be delivered on Christmas.  It appears the last day they have available to ship is December 23rd.

I want to make sure they still look fresh for the wedding, so I am worried having them sit in water for 4 days instead of 2 will effect them.

Does anyone have any experience in keeping baby's breath for longer than a couple days?

Also, would I want to make the bouquets early and have them in water or wait until the night before?

Thanks so much!

Re: Ordering Baby's Breath early

• IMO you should be fine since it's Baby's Breath...  I'd leave it alone the first day and a half after you get it on the 23rd in a cool place then have at it from there.
  • Leave it alone as in don't put it in water? Or don't do the bouquets, yet?
    Thanks for your reply!
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015
    I got mine in bulk from Kroger, local grocery store. I opted for them over Sam's Club bc price was similar, but the flowers were not shipped and we could see them before accepting them. Have you considered this? They would sit in the water until you picked them up, so you could work with them immediately. We only used them for centerpieces, Kroger had great prices on bouquets, well worth not having the hassle imho. I'd check with your local grocery store. Shipping in Dec would make me uneasy, not only the temp but holiday shipping times can be VERY unpredictable. GL :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Leave it alone as in don't put it in water? Or don't do the bouquets, yet?
    Thanks for your reply!
    Depending on their condition when they arrive - I'd leave them in the shipping box until you're absolutely ready to get to work...  But - one other thought is  depending on where you're at shipping in December might not be the way to go!!!
  • I got married on 12/27/14 and we got our flowers from Sams Club on 12/22/14 and the baby's breath was fine. I kept them in a cool place (about 50 degrees) until 12/24 and put them in water, still in a cool place until 12/26 (which is when I did my arrangements). Oh and only put an inch or so of water in the container while storing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards