Wedding Woes

I've lost the Christmas spirit

It's supposed to be 66 today.  I'm pretty sure we had outside swim lessons in colder temps.

I have a head cold.

80% of my gifts are wrapped, but none have bows.

sMIL is not handling her daughter's death well.  Nobody knows how to help. DH and sMIL's son used to be executors of their will.  sMIL is so mad at her son she's removed him as executor and is considering writing him out completely.  He's alos been a selfish ass, but he's finally crossed the line.  FIL has convinced her to wait 6 months. 

I posted that stupid picture of the wrecked car on facebook and now there is drama.  I really didn't think it was a woe is me and thought I was clear everyone was fine.  DH's grandma wants to pay our deductible.  BIL is pissed DH is going to accept it: 1. you can't argue with the lady 2. he's taken more than his share of handouts 3. We made it clear if she sent something it's going in a college fund.

Re: I've lost the Christmas spirit

• I'm sorry, 6.  Maybe some spiked eggnog will put you back in the holiday spirit.
  • I'm sorry, 6.

Use the irritation to tell BIL to piss off.  It's not his business if she wants to do it and it's not his business what you do with it.  Give him a Ho Sit Down and STFU card.

Grief is a horrible monster and dealing with it over the holidays is hard even when it's not so fresh.  You really can't help.  Just be willing to listen to her if she needs it and check on her throughout the days coming.  Most importantly, check on her next week too.  It's when people forget that you're grieving that it becomes even worse.

It's okay to not be in the "spirit."  No one gives a flip about the bows anyway.  And get the mimosas.  Or an old-fashioned.  ;)
  • I'm certain DH will stay as sole executor.  Son has proven time and again he's a selfish ass that only has his best interest at heart. 

We're having sFIL and MIL over Sunday.  Next week I'm going to take the kids over one day to visit.  We just keep calling and listening otherwise.
  • 6, this just came across my Timehop:

• For real!  Tonight is egg nog that will see more bourbon than nog as the night progresses.  I fully intend to kill a bottle of champagne on Christmas day too.
  • 6, I'm so sorry.  I'm also sitting next to you in the 'no Christmas spirit' group and drinking.  ::clink::
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards