Chit Chat
Options

I'm going to be an aunt!!!

nerdwifenerdwife member
5 Love Its First Comment First Answer Name Dropper
edited December 2015 in Chit Chat
So yesterday was the day I went back to the dress store to try on the two dresses I was deciding between (I knew in my heart which one it was, but I had to try them both on again). The first time, I went with my mom, my sister, and my closest friend. FSIL (FI's sister) asked me if she could come next time, so I invited her to this outing, as well as my SIL (my brother's wife) and my FSIL (my other brother's fiancee). That went well and I got the dress. Yay!

When I first invited everyone to come, my oldest brother (the married one) suggested that we all go out to eat afterwards. I thought that was weird and would be really expensive (and figured my mom would end up having to foot that bill, which would not be cool), so I suggested that the boys all go to my mom's house while we shop (it's like five minutes away from there) and when the girls get back, we'll get pizza. I ordered the pizza and before I left, my mom announced that she had one more hanukkah present to give everyone. She gave all the girls a box and all the boys an envelope and said we all had to open it at the same time.

Inside the box were chocolates and on them it said You're Going 2B An Aunt. I FREAKED OUT. I AM SO EXCITED AND I CANNOT TELL ANYONE IN REAL LIFE BECAUSE IT'S TOO EARLY IN THEIR PREGNANCY BUT I AM SO EXCITED I CANNOT CONTAIN MYSELF. It's their first kid and we've all been so excited for this moment and I JUST CANNOT DEAL AHHHHHHHHH.

Oh, the boys' cards said SAY UNCLE (because that's what you're going to be). That was cute, too.

Okay, that's the whole story. I just want to shout it from the rooftops but will settle for yelling it at you guys for now!!!!

Edited because box and boy are different words.

ETA: Also, this makes 2016 the most exciting year ever, because new baby, plus my wedding AND my other brother's wedding. Our poor little sister is like well now I look like a slacker. But she's only a college sophomore so it's not like she's legitimately left out. It's just funny. Woo family!

Re: I'm going to be an aunt!!!

• Options
    Congrats!

I'm going to be an aunt too! My sister is due in August and she is also really early, but has already started telling people. I'm due in June, and so our babies will be so close in age. It's going to be great.

• Options
    Congrats!  I love being an aunt!

• Options
    I'm a new aunt, too (nephew is 7 months). It's SO AWESOME! Congrats!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! 

Me too!! FI's brother and SIL announced their pregnancy this weekend and we can not be more excited! 
  • Options
    How exciting!! Congrats to you and your family!

• Options
    Congrats! My SIL is expecting and I know exactly how you feel -- so excited but not yet able to tell anyone in public! 

Being an aunt is awesome! I am super close with several of my aunts on both sides of my family because they were just lovely to me growing up... took an honest interest in my life, bought me birthday/Christmas presents that made me realize they actually knew me, and always made the effort to show up for big events. As I got older, I discovered how much my aunts ruled and now as an adult, when I see them, it's like I'm hanging out with my girlfriends (cheese alert, sorry) and my relationship with them is so special. I look forward to being just like them to all my future nieces and nephews.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Congrats! Being an aunt is wonderful!! My sister had a baby 3 months ago and I think I haven't left cloud nine ever since! I can't wait for my sweet little niece to get older so I can start taking her out and doing aunt/niece stuff with her!

• Options
    Congratulations! I'll be an aunt again in 2016 as well; already have three nephews and a niece. The new baby's gender is unknown, so we're all anxiously awaiting February for my sister to deliver. I love them to death, but they all live out of state, so I will be celebrating from afar until they come to us for the wedding (unless they make a trip sooner).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards