Chit Chat
Options

Christmas Music?

CMGragainCMGragain member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited December 2015 in Chit Chat
What is your favorite Christmas song or carol?  I cry when I hear "Once in Royal David's City" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas".  I still miss my Dad, even though he's been gone 49 years.
Merry Christmas!
httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg

Re: Christmas Music?

• Options
    CMGragain said:

What is your favorite Christmas song or carol?  I cry when I hear "Once in Royal David's City" and "I'll Be Home for Christmas".  I still miss my Dad, even though he's been gone 49 years.
    Merry Christmas!

I love Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel and cannot stand Star Child, an abomination of a song in The Faith We Sing that our organist insists on droning through each Christmas.
  • Options
    Oh Holy Night is my very favorite.  I also love Mary Did you Know and  Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel.
  • Options
    I'm no longer religious but I still love many Christmas hymns. I think "Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" might be my favorite.

As far as secular stuff goes I like "Someday at Christmas" by Stevie Wonder, "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg, and "Celebrate Me Home" by Kenny Loggins. 

Really I just love Christmas music in general! Anything will do. (Except "Do They Know It's Christmas?"  :| That song is horrendous.) FH dislikes it but puts up with it in small doses for my sake. 

Extremely unpopular opinion: I love Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You." Love it. Turn it up to 10 when it comes on!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    Mary Did You Know, Oh Holy Night, and Sleigh Ride.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    "Joy to the World". It just makes me happy.
  • Options
    I'm no longer religious but I still love many Christmas hymns. I think "Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming" and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" might be my favorite.

As far as secular stuff goes I like "Someday at Christmas" by Stevie Wonder, "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg, and "Celebrate Me Home" by Kenny Loggins. 

Really I just love Christmas music in general! Anything will do. (Except "Do They Know It's Christmas?"  :| That song is horrendous.) FH dislikes it but puts up with it in small doses for my sake. 

Extremely unpopular opinion: I love Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You." Love it. Turn it up to 10 when it comes on!
    Whoa!  You a Dan Fogelberg fan?
  • Options
    Silent Night and White Christmas are my absolute favorites.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Mary, Did You Know, O Holy Night and the whole soundtrack from A Charlie Brown Christmas

• Options
    kmmssg said:

Sure, why not? I mostly know his radio stuff, but FH has several of his albums.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I love a lot.   O Holy Night and Ave Maria will make me tear up.   I love Joy To The World and Angels We Have Heard On High as well. 

And now that I have a 5 year old, I love Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer and Jingle Bells a bit more (or less).
  • Options
    Little Drummer Boy is one of my favorites, especially the Johnny Cash  version.  Angels We Have Heard on High.  Like @AddieCake I really enjoy Oh Holy Night too. 
  • Options
    kmmssg said:

Sure, why not? I mostly know his radio stuff, but FH has several of his albums.
    I am a huge Dan Fogelberg fan! I 'used" to have his albums but my brother asked me if he could take them and have them recorded and like an idiot I said yes. I never saw them again. I don't hear his stuff on the radio anymore but "Longer" was "our song" for first DH and I. It's been so long that I can hear the song, really enjoy it and not associate at all with ex-h. Too good of a song to wasted. I loved the album Twin sons from different mothers.
  • Options
    Oh Holy Night, Carol of the Bells, Charlie Brown Christmas album (love Vince Guaraldi!!), and This Christmas by Donny Hathaway.
  • Options
    This probably belongs in UO, but I HATE Christmas music. HATE IT WITH A BURNING PASSION. I have no idea why but Christmas music makes me want to stab myself in the ears and punch kittens.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    This probably belongs in UO, but I HATE Christmas music. HATE IT WITH A BURNING PASSION. I have no idea why but Christmas music makes me want to stab myself in the ears and punch kittens.
    This is DH. he really hates Christmas music. But I love it so he puts up with it on occasion.

• Options
    Little Drummer Boy (Bing Crosby/David Bowie version), Mary Did You Know and White Christmas- it reminds me of my Dad.

• Options
    I hate O Holy Night!  I have had to play it every blessed Christmas for waaaaay too many years, and the only person who ever sang it without screeching on the high note was my daughter.  It was hard not to wince.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Carol of the Bells and Do You Hear What I Hear. Also, anything by the Statler Brothers. We listen to their Christmas album every year on the ride back from Thanksgiving and on Christmas eve.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards