Pre-wedding Parties

Pre-wedding pressure from friends

Hello all!

I'm having a dilemma with my friends planning my bachelorette party. My college friends are planning my bachelorette party for MIAMI which I agreed to because no one else aaid anything about it.
Problem is they will not be bridesmaids and one of them already asked whose in the wedding party. I was put on the spot.
I'm afraid it will get awkward once they find out but the truth is I don't want a large bridal party so it's only three bridesmaids and the same number of groomsmen.
Also, everyone may not be able to travel to Miami due to finances or family obligations. What should I do?

Answers

• I can see how that might be awkward but honestly you don't have to justify or explain why you've chosen your WP the way you have. These women are grown ups and should not expect to be part of your WP unless asked. Is it possible that they are just asking out of genuine interest? If I had offered to throw someone a batchelorette party I'd assume by that point they'd have picked their bridesmaids and I wasn't one of them.

If you are worried about miami as the destination, have any details around cost etc been sent out to your friends yet? It could be worth finding out whar general consensus is on budget. There is nothing wrong with a local party if a lot of people can't make miami.

AddieCakeSP29
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    If they are planning a bachelorette, surely your wedding is coming relatively soon, and hopefully they know you have selected your WP and that it isn't them. If you have concerns about people being able to attend a party in Miami, then speak up.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • holyguacamole79holyguacamole79 a taco truck in Houston
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers

Hello all!

I'm having a dilemma with my friends planning my bachelorette party. My college friends are planning my bachelorette party for MIAMI which I agreed to because no one else aaid anything about it.
    Problem is they will not be bridesmaids and one of them already asked whose in the wedding party. I was put on the spot.
    I'm afraid it will get awkward once they find out but the truth is I don't want a large bridal party so it's only three bridesmaids and the same number of groomsmen.
    Also, everyone may not be able to travel to Miami due to finances or family obligations. What should I do?

I would say that you're excited about the trip to Miami and ask if they have contacted the others you'd like for them to invite and make sure they can make it. Also ask about how much it will cost for you. There have been threads in the past where one person assumes one thing and another assumes another regarding who will pay for what.

Anniversary
  • holyguacamole79holyguacamole79 a taco truck in Houston
    5000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 5 Answers
    edited December 2015

Hello all!

I would say that you're excited about the trip to Miami and ask if they have contacted the others you'd like for them to invite and make sure they can make it. Also ask about how much it will cost for you. There have been threads in the past where one person assumes one thing and another assumes differently regarding who's paying for what.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards