New Jersey

Bridal Shows?

Okay so just got married (thank  you), and it was great, and my bff is engaged and asked me to help her with her wedding.

But I wouldn't consider myself an experienced wedding planner by any stretch of the imagination, I mean we had a great time, but I want to make her day even better, especially because now that I've done this once, I know I can do it better. I feel like the best place to start would be going to bridal shows, what are the good ones to go to? Does anyone have any good or bad experience with them? thoughts? Opinions? 

Re: Bridal Shows?

• I went to one bridal show - one was enough to know they weren't worth my time!  I found that most highly rated vendors weren't at these shows - they had enough business through word of mouth referrals.  So I instead searched forums and found all my vendors through recommendations.  If you do choose to go to bridal shows, my biggest piece of advice is to create a "dummy" wedding email address - you don't want your regular email to get overloaded with crap.
  • Thanks Joan! Yeah I definitely want to go to bridal shows I think, Mostly because the experience of meeting people in person and going with my friends is appealing to me rather just spending time hiding behind a computer screen. 

Also, I feel like I don't want to choose vendors who everyone uses, ya know? I feel like I want my day to be unique, so rather than just using the same people everyone is finding off line, I feel like I might want to meet some of the other guys who market different way. Right? I feel like everyone these days use the same venues, photographers, and officiants? idk, maybe it's just my group of friends. 
  • Thanks Joan! Yeah I definitely want to go to bridal shows I think, Mostly because the experience of meeting people in person and going with my friends is appealing to me rather just spending time hiding behind a computer screen. 

Also, I feel like I don't want to choose vendors who everyone uses, ya know? I feel like I want my day to be unique, so rather than just using the same people everyone is finding off line, I feel like I might want to meet some of the other guys who market different way. Right? I feel like everyone these days use the same venues, photographers, and officiants? idk, maybe it's just my group of friends. 
    We met all of our vendors - even ones we first met over the phone.  We wanted to see the photographer's portfolio in person, we met with the florist to go through books of ideas, etc.  So don't feel pressured to go with someone at a show because you can see them - you should be able to meet ANY vendor you are interested in.  And if they don't want to, that's a big red flag.
  • I definitely agree, I just meant that it's convenient to meet them in person in one place than to pick them out of an online directory like The Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards