New Jersey - South

Venue for 300 people -- art deco

Hi everyone,

Just got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm looking for venues. Struggling to find a place that has the capacity we need at a doable pp. I need one that includes catering, don't have the mental fortitude to go out and find a caterer, rent equipment, etc. I really liked Brigalias, but they don't have the availability we need. I am close to booking the Mansion on Main Street, but I was never thrilled with their decor. It's too traditional and a bit stodgy for me. The coordinator assured me she can help me get the more "art deco" /mad men vibe I want, but you never know. also my parents loved the mansion so it helps that i would be pleasing the source of most of the budget. also it's a bit steep at $150 pp. brigalias was only at about $125. I LOVE the look of the cescaphe ballroom/downtown club in philly, but they're way too much $ for our budget.  i know i can always do the merion but i was hoping for a place that wasn't so regal looking. i prefer super elegant/art deco, etc. does anyone know of a place that meets my requirements? or should i just do the mansion and hope that the decor we come up with minimizes the traditional look? Thank you. I'm just a beginner so any advice would be helpful. 

Re: Venue for 300 people -- art deco

• I would look at A Loft hotel in Mt. Laurel.  It is very different from most traditional reception venues.  My friend attended a wedding there recently and she said it was really great.

If you can change your date or time of year to wed, I fully recommend Brigalias.  That is where I had my reception.  It was amazing!  The food was awesome and to this day (3+ years later) I still get told how great my reception was by my guests.  The customer service was top notch from our initial walk through to the end of our reception.  You really also get a lot for your money there.  In addition to the food, booze and cake, we also had table numbers, menus, card box, centerpieces, and other small little things included pp that I didn't have to do for the reception. 

• When I was MOH for my bestie's wedding, we looked at A Loft. They were super flexible there. VERY willing to work with her super tight budget.
  • Have you looked at The Chelsea in Atlantic City? Their 5th floor is amazing, and I think it has everything you are looking for in decor. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards