Wedding Woes
Options

Last week's Prudie

Dear Prudence,
My boyfriend and I have been together for five years and started living together six months ago. He is amazing and I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with him. While shopping, I found the absolute perfect ring for him and have thought about proposing to him. I brought this up to my best friends thinking they would be excited and instead they told me not to. They said I would be “taking away his moment.” He’s not the type of guy to care about the woman proposing but now it has me rethinking things. Do I just continue to wait around for him to propose, or do I plan something nice and go along with my plans of proposing to him?

—On a Ring and a Prayer

Re: Last week's Prudie

• Options
    She doesn't say whether they've actually discussed marriage.  Getting married is like buying a house or having a kid:  I don't think you should just spring it on the other person.  So hopefully they've been talking about their relationship, both see marriage as a goal, etc., and she's just talking about the formal Question + ring.  If so, I think she should go for it.  If not, oy vey.
  • Options
    Imma just keep liking Heffa's answers.  It's easier.
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:
    Imma just keep liking Heffa's answers.  It's easier.
    I'm so bored today, all of my year-end stuff is done and I don't feel like starting something new.  So when mrs.conn posted these, I swear I drooled a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards