Chit Chat
Options

i'm turning into a crazy pregnant lady!

Last night I was making dinner for myself and DH.  I'm currently almost 37 weeks pregnant.  Just as I finish combining everything in the pan on the stove I turned to the island to grab the plates and my bump must have hit the end of the pan handle.  I watched in seemingly slow motion as the entire contents of the pan slid down out of it into a pile on the floor.  I screamed (obviously).  My husband came running downstairs to find me crying in a pile of spaghetti squash. . . . . darn pregnancy hormones!!!  He was hysterical and offered me anything I wanted for dinner, then proceeded to take a bite of the remnants to make me feel better. . . . it really was delicious.

No real purpose for this post, other than to chitchat!

Re: i'm turning into a crazy pregnant lady!

• Options
    edited January 2016
    LOL. this made me laugh. I'm getting a mental picture that is absolutely hilarious

ETA - complete with the super low voice saying "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

• Options
    Gaaaah I hate when stuff like that happens. I'd totally cry not pregnant!

• Options
    Ugh. I do stuff like that when I'm not pregnant! Sorry to hear dinner was a bust. I think this is a sign that you should take it easy and order takeout. :wink: 
  • Options
    kaos16 said:
    Last night I was making dinner for myself and DH.  I'm currently almost 37 weeks pregnant.  Just as I finish combining everything in the pan on the stove I turned to the island to grab the plates and my bump must have hit the end of the pan handle.  I watched in seemingly slow motion as the entire contents of the pan slid down out of it into a pile on the floor.  I screamed (obviously).  My husband came running downstairs to find me crying in a pile of spaghetti squash. . . . . darn pregnancy hormones!!!  He was hysterical and offered me anything I wanted for dinner, then proceeded to take a bite of the remnants to make me feel better. . . . it really was delicious.

BOXES *******

LOL - but to be honest, I've done that and cried without the pregnancy hormones.  Especially if time and expense ingredients were involved!

• Options
    Agree with @jenna8984... I was getting a glass down from our cabinets the other night and one of our champagne flutes from the wedding fell and shattered and I burst into tears like a 5-year-old. I'd shutter to think how I would react if I were pregnant!

Cute of your H to take a bite, that's amazing.
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    Ugh. I do stuff like that when I'm not pregnant! Sorry to hear dinner was a bust. I think this is a sign that you should take it easy and order takeout. :wink: 
    Tonight he said he's picking up burgers from a place nearby that makes the most amazing marinated bacon cheeseburgers and i'm all for it!
  • Options
    kaos16 said:
    ElcaB said:
    Tonight he said he's picking up burgers from a place nearby that makes the most amazing marinated bacon cheeseburgers and i'm all for it!
    Ship some of that to Tennessee, please!

• Options
    kaos16 said:

That's terrible, I love spaghetti squash. What recipe were you using?
  • Options
    arrippa said:
    kaos16 said:

That's terrible, I love spaghetti squash. What recipe were you using?
    It was just something I threw together. . . . i roasted the squash to get it to string.  I pan seared some chicken breasts with salt and pepper, chopped them up.  I put shitake mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach in a pan with oil and garlic. . . . salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.  Added the squash and chicken back to marry together. . . . to be topped with feta crumbles when not thrown on the floor!
  • Options
    So are you having a boy or girl?! Or team green? You are so close, how exciting!!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    So are you having a boy or girl?! Or team green? You are so close, how exciting!!
    a little boy. . . . who is still nameless.  We are down to like 3 or 4, but I want to see him first.
  • Options
    Yeah, been there, done that!  I am so happy for you.  You will laugh about this in years to come.  Your DH sounds great.  Mine would have lectured me on why I shouldn't have dropped dinner on the floor.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Your DH sounds awesome! Congrats on getting so close to the pregnancy finish line! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards