September 2013 Weddings
Options

Wedding Wednesday

After yesterday's responses, I'm not sure if this will be adding salt to the wound, or put an uplifting spin on the subject... I'm going for it anyway.

If money were no object, what is the ONE change you would make to your wedding plans?

Only one! No cheating.  :)
 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Wednesday

• Options
    deburnindeburnin member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    If money were no issue... I'd be getting married at Disney World like I always dreamed I would. Oh well, maybe we'll just do a vow renewal or maybe an anniversary dinner at Tower of Terror like this person did ((clicky)) one day when money isn't an issue anymore. LOL Cause that day will happen. :P

(Is this cheating? Because technically it's one thing, but it would change pretty much everything about my wedding. lol)
    ~*~Sept 2013 Siggy Challange - Then (2005) & Now (2012)~*~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Somebody once said, it's the soul that matters. Baby who can really tell, when two hearts belong so well?
    Tale as Old as Time (Updated 11/26) Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would have a videographer!! We can't afford it but I really want one!!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    If money were no object I would go NUTS with flowers.  LOVE flowers, but I just cannot justify spending the money on them for one day.

We're doing the basics but if money weren't an option, I would have my church overhauled with flowers and my centerpieces and venue decor as well!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hire a wedding planner to do all the work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would have gone with a bigger boat.  The bigger boat was for 400 people and we couldn't afford it.  We could have done one deck, but then we'd have to share with another group and I really didn't want to share.  So we picked a smaller boat with a 180 capacity.  Back to my guest list I go.
  • Options
    It'd be at the breakers in palm beach and it would be the top notch package that is 650 per person but yeah that's what it would be!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If money were no object, I would pay for all my guests to stay overnight with us. The venue is about an hour away from where we live so it would be nice to be able to do that for everyone!

I might also have to say that if money were no object, I would stress less about the guest list and number of people invited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    September 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If I had to pick just one thing it would have been a bigger, more private venue. We chose a park near our house. It's a beautiful park but I can only invite a limited amount of people and even though its pretty low key they explained to us that its a public park so we can't keep people from coming in. I'm just hoping I don't have a bunch of wedding crashers show up. Lol
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I would have held the wedding and reception at the big oceanfront hotel and banquet hall I'd been drooling over...until I got their price list.  I love my people but not enough to feed them for $285/pp (Saturday afternoon time slot is killer there!!).  The place IS amazing though :(
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    If money was not an object I would get married at the Fairmont Copley in Boston.  I am in LOVE with it.

http://www.fairmont.com/copley-plaza-boston/activities-services/weddings/thegrandballroom/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If money was truly no object, then I would still have everything the way we have it, for the exception of hiring the band I REALLY wanted but couldn't afford.  I think the band we hired will do a good job, but my heart was really set on a different band but they were $900 more.  :-( 
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    If money were no object...I'd get REALLY nice food.  I'm sure we're going to have good food, but I would've liked to have gone all out in that area.
  • Options
    I would probably do less DIY stuff
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_wedding-wednesday-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:5f2e6c80-029b-440d-969c-ba8a5dc1a181Post:79c7137f-ad54-44ac-8cf3-21c8e7123065">Re: Wedding Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd be getting married at Disney World like I always dreamed I would. Oh well, maybe we'll just do a vow renewal or maybe an anniversary dinner at Tower of Terror Posted by deburnin[/QUOTE]

<div>Unfortunately the catholic church doesn't recognize the chapel at disney as a real church... and it's too far to travel for most of FI's family. </div><div>
    </div><div>I didn't realize they did vow renewals!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would change my venue to the one I liked better, with the outdoor ceremony spot. I was in love with it, but couldn't afford the extra money.
    Sept. 13 March Siggy Challenge: hair inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If money were no object I would go with the bigger wedding photography package. Don't get me wrong we're still going to get a good amount of pictures taken but its not going to be the all day coverage like I would love to have but we have to go with what we can afford since we are paying for everything on our own. I wish all us ladies on here were rich so we can have everything we ever dreamed of in our wedding!! But hey the most important thing is we are marrying the man that we love more than anything and he will soon be the hubby =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards