Not Engaged Yet

Fitness Check In 1/11/16

Forgot to do this earlier.  How did we do last week everyone?

My last week was pretty good.  Food-wise, I ate whatever (including nachos, pizza and ice cream...not on the same day) I wanted but I'm proud of getting back to the gym.

Monday: Nada

Tuesday: 45 minutes elliptical

Wednesday: 50 minutes spin class

Thursday: 30 minutes elliptical

Friday: 6 mile walk

Saturday: Major cleaning of the house/basement since we rented a dumpster

Sunday: Again, major cleaning

This week I'm hoping to cut back on the junk food a little.  Cravings are ok but not every day.  I'm also happy I gained 2.5lbs this week because I was a little behind on weight gain but obviously I don't want to continue at that rate every week.  

Monday: Either 45 minutes spin or 45 minutes elliptical

Tuesday: 45 minutes yoga lite...it is supposed to be similar to prenatal yoga I think.  Gym just started offering it.

Wednesday: 30 minutes elliptical

Thursday: 45 minutes spin and 10 minute cool down

Friday: Weather dependent, a 5 mile walk

Saturday: Not sure...maybe rest day with more construction work?

Sunday: 2-3 mile walk

Re: Fitness Check In 1/11/16

• I ate some cucumbers with lunch today and did PiYo Sculpt (modified) yesterday.  I also drank some of my protein shake last night, and drank a full one this morning, so that will take care of making sure I get some great nutrients until my diet perks back up.  

Planning on trying to do at least 3 work outs this week.
  • I'm going to jump in on these threads. I might do it a bit different but I want to keep track of things so if it makes no sense to you, feel free to skip on past. 

Last week I started back up with WW and have a daily goal of eating 30 points and getting 4 "fit points" a day. The first day I went into my weekly points, because I was not as prepared to get back into it, however I stayed with points the rest of the week. I lost 1 pound in two days!

This coming Thursday is my next weigh in day so we will see how that goes. The only real exercise I did last week was the one night of Zumba. I ordered a Zumba DVD kit from Amazon that will be here by Friday so I am hoping to get to that on a more daily basis. I was able to exceed my fit points every day so far, and have stayed in my daily goal so hopefully this Thursday I will see some progress on the scale!
    friends tv show funy
  • I got all new yoga stuff this weekend and am pumped to get my flexibility back.

Last week:
    I was pretty damn lazy.  Thursday was really the only day I was active and that was because we went ice skating.  I will be better this week.  

This week:
    Monday:  Hauling stuff off my back deck and bringing to Salvation Army.
    Tuesday: Yoga then screaming at PLL
    Wednesday: Pilates
    Thursday: Yoga
    Friday: rest
    Saturday: Pilates
    Sunday: Yoga & Pilates

Also possibility of skiing lessons and ice skating as long as weather cooperates. 
  • I am terrible. I don't know what to do to get motivated. I was home at like 2:30 yesterday afternoon and in my head I knew I should change and go straight to the gym and instead I put on my pajamas and finished OITNB. I have 8 billion excuses in my head but they're just excuses and I just don't know what my problem is except that I am lazy.

• The more I force myself to stick to a schedule @swazzle the worse I end up doing.  I'm like a small child that rebels against my own pre-set schedule...lol. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday despite starting this thread = fail. What workouts do you enjoy @swazzle?  Do you need to switch it up?  I have to go to the gym tonight because H has the car and won't pick me up until 7 and, yeah, I was in the office by 7 this morning and I don't want a 12 hour day.  That is sad that that is my motivation but, whatever, I'll take it.
  • @swazzle I'm the same. I'm hoping having all new yoga things will give me motivation to try them out.  It didn't happen yesterday, I made dinner, ate, then lounged on the couch. 
  • @Swazzle are you on the WW app? When I am feeling lazy and not really into eating right or exercising, I go into the connect part and read all the other peoples success stories. I have no clue if that would work for you, but it does for me because hey if they can do it.. so can I!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @minskat30 - I do best with classes. When my "plan" is to go do the elliptical or something on my own, I feel like that's definitely when I tend to skip it. The problem there is, my gym's classes are either too early for me to get to or they're late so I wouldn't get home until after 8pm. My work schedule makes it difficult because I leave the house at 6am and (on my late days) I don't get home until 6:30 at the earliest. On my early days, I can make it to class on Mondays and Wednesday but it's not consistent because I switch off with a coworker depending on what she has going on AND with the Devils home game schedule. SEE. I AM FULL OF FUCKING EXCUSES. 

• Swazzle said:
    @minskat30 - I do best with classes. When my "plan" is to go do the elliptical or something on my own, I feel like that's definitely when I tend to skip it. The problem there is, my gym's classes are either too early for me to get to or they're late so I wouldn't get home until after 8pm. My work schedule makes it difficult because I leave the house at 6am and (on my late days) I don't get home until 6:30 at the earliest. On my early days, I can make it to class on Mondays and Wednesday but it's not consistent because I switch off with a coworker depending on what she has going on AND with the Devils home game schedule. SEE. I AM FULL OF FUCKING EXCUSES. 
    Naw, you are just full with a busy life!  Cut yourself a break, do what you can when you can.  Do you watch shows at the gym?  Can you make one series you really love your "I only get to watch it if I go to the gym" show?  That helped me get into the groove for a while when I couldn't make classes.
  • @minskat30 - That's definitely an idea. I just get SO bored and I end up staring at the clock the entire time because I just want to be finished. I don't do that when I take a class because I actually enjoy them. 

I'm toying with the idea of switching gyms. There's a NYSC attached to the station I stop at in between my 2 trains and they have classes Monday-Friday that fit perfectly with my work and train schedule. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards