Plus-Sized
Options

My dress doesn't fit.. Now what?!?

I bought my dress early, which was mistake #1. I went into a shop where you buy the dress off the rack and found a dress I fell in love with. I bought it, as I didn't want to miss out on it being there closer to the wedding.
When I bought the dress, it fit me perfectly. Now, I tried the dress on and although it zipped up, I seriously couldn't breathe. I keep having this horrifying situation play through my head where I "hulk out" of my dress like the incredible hulk. I'm 48 days away from the wedding and am dieting hardcore. I'm hoping to solve the solution- but am terrified I may not. What would you do? With just over a month to goI'm afraid I don't have many options...

Re: My dress doesn't fit.. Now what?!?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_my-dress-doesnt-fit-now-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:8a68cc51-d833-476e-95d3-7be07692da9dPost:5ac610af-b385-4eba-bb67-02f6cdc1140b">My dress doesn't fit.. Now what?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my dress early, which was mistake #1. I went into a shop where you buy the dress off the rack and found a dress I fell in love with. I bought it, as I didn't want to miss out on it being there closer to the wedding. When I bought the dress, it fit me perfectly. Now, I tried the dress on and although it zipped up, I seriously couldn't breathe. I keep having this horrifying situation play through my head where I "hulk out" of my dress like the incredible hulk. I'm 48 days away from the wedding and am dieting hardcore. I'm hoping to solve the solution- but am terrified I may not. What would you do? With just over a month to goI'm afraid I don't have many options...
    Posted by bridetobeJessF[/QUOTE]

Have you talked to a seamstress yet?   You might be able to have the dress let out up to one size. If it zips, you may only need it let out a tiny bit, just for breathing room.  The other option is to have a corset back added instead of the zipper. That will give you more room.
  • Options
    Absolutely talk to a seamstress!  They can do wonders!
  • Options
    lyndsay782lyndsay782 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_plus-sized_my-dress-doesnt-fit-now-what?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:973cdc6f-961e-4fb0-a628-bef2bb559697Discussion:8a68cc51-d833-476e-95d3-7be07692da9dPost:2b40c480-6320-4090-9fb2-6d49bf3c0833">Re: My dress doesn't fit.. Now what?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The other option is to have a corset back added instead of the zipper. That will give you more room.
    Posted by cmgilpin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>^^^^^ this... corset backs are a blessing. 

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Talk to seamstress on options. If you can do corset back, go for it. I had mine switched out because I kept going up and down within a 5-7 pound range but it would affect how my dress fit, with the corset back, my girls were able to adjust my dress to how I was on my wedding day. 
  • Options

I'm going to contact a seemstress. Thanks ladies!

• Options
    Won't be enjoyable but when I look lowed HCG diet to the letter I lost 40lbs in 2 months
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards