Wedding Woes
Options

Wednesday, Ladies!

We made it this far, it's all downhill from here.  In a good way.  (I hope.)

Finally got a cabin booked, albeit for President's Day weekend instead of MLK.  Just as well, I was having a hard time getting my shit together after Christmas.  I just now ordered the last of the kids' snow gear, so if we were going this weekend I have no idea what I would have done.  Atlanta fell through (there's something going on this weekend, the hotels near Centennial Park are all either booked up or their rates are a lot higher than usual), so now I think we'll do a day trip to Raleigh.  Wooz has been wanting to see the dinosaurs at the natural history museum again, and DS has never seen them but I think he'll be blown away.  TBH, a day trip seems more my speed right now, anyway. 

Also, I am tired.  DH accidentally let the cat out when he got home last night.  He did not mention this until I was going to bed and wondered where she was.  Luckily, it was our older cat, not the kitten, who would have been completely lost and clueless.  But still:  it was dark, and cold, and there are coyotes nearby.  (And a fox, though she could probably hold her own with a fox.  But I'd hate to test that theory.)  So we were wandering around in the cold at 11:00 last night, and I finally went to bed and DH said he'd wait up for her.  She came sauntering up to the front porch around midnight, and DH woke me up to tell me she was home safe and sound.  And then he tried to grope me.  Dude, I was sound asleep and still a little put out that you let the cat out, even accidentally.  (This is why I close the garage door before I go into the house--worst case, she darts out and is in the garage, not the whole wide world.)  I'm not necessarily averse to some middle of the night nookie, but not when I've been up late (for me) and haven't even gotten one good REM cycle yet.

Re: Wednesday, Ladies!

• Options
    It's my day off, but I'm working a bit of overtime this morning.   And then I need to go run around and finish up all the stuff we need to remember to get for our trip.  It's just a couple things.  

I hope DH goes to the damn minute clinic today.  He's driving me crazy.  Also, TMI...But I've wanted to have sexy times all week and since he doesn't feel well, it's a no-go.  We're sleeping in a loft with the kids on our ski trip...so it's not happening there. 

SIL/BFF is still pregnant, 5 days past her due date.  She's in good spirits. I talked to her yesterday.  Between all my working and the fact that I know she's getting called every day from her grandma and aunts (to see if the baby is here), I've tried not to bother her.  

I cannot wait for DefConn to be done with daycare so I can hire a housekeeper for 2x/month deep cleaning.  The house needs it and I don't want to do it...and I'd have to clean my house to 'deep' clean it.   
  • Options
    Committee meeting tonight where I'm going to be bring the full Varuna personality force to bear to get something I dearly, dearly want to happen.  I think I can bend most people to my will....er, way of thinking.  ;)  I've got some damn good arguments lined up.

Tomorrow night I'm going to a Balvenie scotch dinner with some friends.  I'm so freaking excited.  It's one of my favorite scotches, I can walk to the venue, the food looks amazing (I get to try figgy pudding), and it's with some of my favorite people.  It was my last Christmas bonus splurge on myself while using the rest of it to pay for necessities of moving.  

I need to find a living room set. I'd like a sleeper sofa, a overstuffed chair, and (since I have so little storage) one of the ottomans that opens up for storage.  This is proving more difficult than expected.  It'll happen eventually, I know, but dang furniture shopping is annoying.

Work has gotten busy, which is overall good for me anyway.
  • Options
    2 hr  delay for 6let and nothing for M2.  I've had to step away from a mom fb group this morning.  Half of it is  "when I was a kid" and the other half is "just bundle them up."  DH is also "have you talked to my dad." No, I've been juggling schedules and drop offs, trying to work and get ready for psr tonight.
  • Options
    I could not fall asleep last night so of course I'm dragging now. I really really wish I could nap all day. DH and I have fantasies of winning Powerball and hiring a team of people to take care of shit for us, including people to get the kids off in the morning.  

Im mildly annoyed because my mom asked if she could take the kids on Saturday to see Frozen on Ice with my dad. But then yesterday she makes a comment that maybe I can come with her because my Dad probably won't want to go. I had hopes that while they were doing that, me and DH could do something together before taking the kids back home. 
  • Options
    VarunaTT said:

I need to find a living room set. I'd like a sleeper sofa, a overstuffed chair, and (since I have so little storage) one of the ottomans that opens up for storage.  This is proving more difficult than expected.  It'll happen eventually, I know, but dang furniture shopping is annoying.
    I've been wanting one of those too - for shoe storage that the puppy can't get to. Please post if you find anything good. I was looking online (overstock, costco, etc.) because i didn't want anything too spendy, and they appear to have closed our Garden Ridge. 
  • Options
    Good morning.

I didn't sleep well last night and I'm really hungry but also too lazy to make something to eat.  Not the makings of a great mood.

I'm thinking some legos and a movie with DD2 will make me feel better.
  • Options
    I just bought 4 small ottomans with storage.  We wanted something we could move around for seating/storage/foot rest depending on what's going on.  Hands down best price was Walmart. 
  • Options
    6fsn said:
    I just bought 4 small ottomans with storage.  We wanted something we could move around for seating/storage/foot rest depending on what's going on.  Hands down best price was Walmart. 
    Thanks! No clue why I didn't think to look there. 
    This is essentially what I was looking for - I wanted to use it as a bench in our entryway. Walmart is on par with Garden Ridge - I'm not seeing these under $130-170 anywhere else. 
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rectangular-Storage-Ottoman-Multiple-Colors/16537008
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2016
    We have a storage ottoman and I love it.  I want to get a second one, but I think we need to come up with a better living room plan because another one might make it to crowded in our current set up.   We also have a recliner, so we probably don't need a second one. 

ETA: We got ours from Target. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards