Wedding Etiquette Forum

NWR: Thank you note confusion

Hi everyone - I wasn't really sure exactly what to title my post but hopefully it isn't misleading.  Anyway, I am a teacher and having twins later this spring.  Today one of my students brought me in two beautiful baby blankets that his mom crocheted for me!  Obviously I will be writing her a thank you note, but the card that I was given said "Congratulations! - Johnny (not real name)".  Should I write him a separate thank you card?  Or should I thank both of them in the same card?  Or should I only write one to his mom? 

Thank you in advance for your help!

Re: NWR: Thank you note confusion

• Whether or not this is right, I would write one thank you card but address it to both of them.

• My mom knits and I often gift her knitted items to my friends and co-workers when there is a baby.  I can purchase them at cost!  Woo!  In most cases, I have always been given a thank you note directly.  Then most people will send my mom her own thank you note, whether through me or sent to her house.  If my mom does not get a separate thank you note, it is usually directly in my thank you note to give my mom thanks for the x.
  • I totally agree with @adk19. Not only would Johnny probably love getting a thank you note from his teachers, but you will be setting an excellent example for him to follow in the future. When I was a teacher I always wrote TYN to the student even though I knew the parent actually bought the gift.
  • Congrats on expecting twins! How exciting! 
    Agree with ADK, by the way. 

• classyduckclassyduck member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    In this particular scenario, just take the time to write two notes, one to each. But maybe that is just my eager excitement at the thrill I imagine they'd both have at getting individual responses. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards