New Jersey

Help with wedding favors!!

chrissyf729chrissyf729 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2016 in New Jersey
Hi everyone! I'm so torn between 2 ideas for wedding favors and all opinions are greatly appreciated! We are having a garden theme wedding with tulips, hyrdrangeas, peonies, orchids, and roses. My initial idea was to put tulip bulbs in small glass flower pots with tulle wrapped around them. Then we came across gorgeous crystal candle holder in the shape of a daisy-like flower with light pink swirl accents in the petals with an ivory tealight candle in the center. Decisions, decisions! 

Re: Help with wedding favors!!

• Honestly, I wouldn't care for either, but I'm not that big into flowers or candles.  You can never go wring with chocolate.

We personally gave bottles of wine to each couple and for those under 21 we gave them a bottle of Sparkling Juice.

Just remember, your favors don't have to be related to the theme and they aren't even necessary.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't care for edible favors nor sparkling juice. Thanks for your input.
  • Unfortunately its not about what you care for.  A favor is essentially a thank you to your guests for attending your reception so you have to think about it in the mindset that if you were a guest what would you like to receive.

If you want to keep it garden themed, out of your two choices, I would prefer to receive the tulip bulb in the small flower pot.  Though I'm sure other posters might have some more practical ideas for favors. 
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Since it's a garden theme, I think the tulip idea is really cute. The candle might not be everyone's style, but who wouldn't want a beautiful live tulip plant? I would go with that!
  • Hi everyone! I'm so torn between 2 ideas for wedding favors and all opinions are greatly appreciated! We are having a garden theme wedding with tulips, hyrdrangeas, peonies, orchids, and roses. My initial idea was to put tulip bulbs in small glass flower pots with tulle wrapped around them. Then we came across gorgeous crystal candle holder in the shape of a daisy-like flower with light pink swirl accents in the petals with an ivory tealight candle in the center. Decisions, decisions! 
    Sorry, not a fan of either idea.  The deer eat the tulips around here and I don't need random knick knacks.  I'll be honest, I wouldn't even take it home.

My husband would DEFINITELY not like either!   I'm not sure many men would be wow'd by them. Edible is usually a crowd pleaser.  I'd go for chocolates shaped like flowers.  DH and I would both love them, a win-win!  Something like this:

http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/chocolate-flowers-giftbag.html
  • Our family doesn't do edible favors. They like to have the favor for a long time and we have a few people allergic to nuts and stuff so I'd rather stay away from that idea. We nixed the plant idea since so many people are traveling. We're going with a candleholder. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards