Chit Chat

Who's stuck inside because of the Blizzard?

Who else is stuck inside because of the Blizzard? My area is in a level-2 state of emergency, so noone except for "essential personnel" are allowed on the roads. Of course, we had to dig out FI's car this afternoon so he could make it into work tonight. So I'm occupying myself by alternating between looking at wedding stuff, doing homework, and cleaning (but I'll use that term lightly lol).

What are you ladies who are also stuck at home due to snow doing? What about you lucky ladies who are nice and warm in other states?

Re: Who's stuck inside because of the Blizzard?

• I live in CO.  While we have over a foot of snow on the ground it's sunny and the roads are all clear.    We are to get more tomorrow (maybe tonight, haven't really looked because most nights we get snow).

I have family/friends in MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY and CT.  So I following FB on what is going on.  Just got back from lunch with DH.

For some reason I was pretty motivated last night.  I got all the laundry done, vacuumed the upstairs and cleaned the kitchen.    I need to get motivated to finish cleaning.  Need to finish my puzzle too. I didn't work on it last night.  I hope to finish this weekend because I want my table back.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • It hasn't snowed where I am, but DH was set on a lazy weekend snowed in, so we aren't going anywhere.  I went to the store for half and half and Marshalls/TJ Maxx this morning just for something to do. 

I cooked mini-quiches for lunch and DH is now passed out.  I should be doing schoolwork, but kinda unmotivated.  I have to put the finishing touches on the bathroom vanity I re-did last night.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm inside with DH and the kids. It's starting to pile up but I've managed to catch up on laundry and clean the bathrooms. I'd love a nap.
  • lyndausvi said:
    I live in CO.  While we have over a foot of snow on the ground it's sunny and the roads are all clear.  Need to finish my puzzle too. I didn't work on it last night.  I hope to finish this weekend because I want my table back.
    The benefits of living in an area that gets frequent snow! I will be lucky if the roads near my development are plowed by Tuesday. lol

I haven't done a puzzle in years. It's supposed to snow again on Wednesday, maybe I can pick one up before it snows again.
    banana468 said:
    I'm inside with DH and the kids. It's starting to pile up but I've managed to catch up on laundry and clean the bathrooms. I'd love a nap.
    Treat yourself to a nap!
    luckya23 said:

I should be doing schoolwork, but kinda unmotivated. 

What are you going to school for?
  • I'm snowed in as well. I dug out driveway down so FI and I could get in, FI left his patrol car near the end of the driveway and it's since been buried. We'll have to go back out after he wakes up to dig it out again. I'm spending the day wedding planning and watching TV.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here in the part of Jersey I'm in, we have close to 2 feet of snow already with no end in sight.  Currently we are catching up on the DVR and some shows on Netflix.  Right now we are watching Daredevil.  I know I should be cleaning, especially since the little one has been sleeping on and off all day (but I think she's also getting a cold) but it feels good to just sit down and relax.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • luckya23luckya23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2016

@RiaLovesChris I am doing the online 75 hour course to be a licensed real estate agent.  I've also been doing training with a broker, and the class is so much more boring in comparison.

ETA: I also looked over the vanity with a flashlight because the lighting in my bathroom is terrible and the sun didn't make an appearance here today, and it looks like it will need a whole second coat.  WOMP WOMP

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Not snowed in, but it is snowing, and it's generally considered unsafe to be out around here in snow, so I'm happily cozied up inside. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    I'm watching Property Brothers.   This one couple I'm giving a big ole "WTF are you thinking?" to their add in design.   They have a relatively small living room, no dining area and they decide to put a big huge ass see-through fireplace in the middle.        Thus making every thing feel even smaller.

Don't get me wrong, I like breakfast bars, but I like sitting at a real table with company at sometimes.  Who wants to eat with company all in a row on the other side of the kitchen sink?  Weird.

Their living room is so small because of the fireplace in the middle of the room there is about a foot from the end of the sofa to the fireplace.  The TV is above the fireplace.     The other side is basically a bunch of empty no really usable space next to the kitchen area.

I hope they want to live there a long time, because I can't see the average family thinking this layout is practical.   

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • In VA here. We aren't really stuck - FH went out earlier because I forgot cat food yesterday. It's snowing and sleeting more now, though, and most people are avoiding the roads. I've hung out for most of the day, made some lunch earlier (bacon and bbq chicken pita pizza) and will make some dinner soon (black bean chili) and took an accidental 3-hour nap. 

My dad, who lives in a different part of the state - had to go out with the snow plows earlier today and couldn't make it home. He had to walk the last 2 miles to the house, poor poor thing. He has a bad knee. :s  They have over 15" there now and it's still snowing.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @spockforprez Ahh the accidental nap... just happened to me for two hours. lol I'm sorry that your dad got stuck in the snow, he doesn't have to go back out tomorrow does he?

• I'm not stuck per say... But I did choose to stay home all day and be lazy :) we only got about an inch of snow here, but it has been bitter cold. So I opted to stay inside and watch a Bar Rescue marathon, and then made stuffed zucchini for dinner. Soooo good.

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    Not sure what's up my butt, but I roasted a turkey breast and made homemade french baguette (first time).  Both were awesome.

Too bad I was the only one here to eat them.

• I baked. Chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. WHYYYYYYY. WHY DID I DO THIS?!?!?!?!?!?! There are twelve cupcakes and only two of us. And they are 350 calories per. What is wrong with me.  :s
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I baked. Chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. WHYYYYYYY. WHY DID I DO THIS?!?!?!?!?!?! There are twelve cupcakes and only two of us. And they are 350 calories per. What is wrong with me.  :s
    I have cake mix just calling my name asking to be made into cupcakes.   DH bought ice cream and Chips Ahoy cookies with brownies inside.  

Sigh, maybe next weekend I will make them.

• Been in all day - we got just under 30".  DH did a good job clearing the driveway earlier today - at least cleanup tomorrow should be a little easier.
  • I'm being a couch potato by choice.

But fuck, the stories from the blizzard make me cry. Already several deaths. Did you hear about the family that rescued a nearly frozen baby big from a snow drift and nursed it back to health????

• I'm being a couch potato by choice. But fuck, the stories from the blizzard make me cry. Already several deaths. Did you hear about the family that rescued a nearly frozen baby big from a snow drift and nursed it back to health????
    I have not heard this story specifically, but I did see 11 deaths already- and that is sad! A blizzard is not something that I would generally equate with causing death. Stay safe everyone!!!

I'm in southern Ontario. No real amount of snow here. I was glad to hear we weren't getting hit with the blizzard. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards