Attire & Accessories Forum

Can bridesmaid wear dark gray dresses for a summer wedding?

I am set on a summer wedding, and I really like the dark gray bridesmaid dresses. Someone mentioned this color will only work for a winter wedding. I just want to get more opinions on this. 

Re: Can bridesmaid wear dark gray dresses for a summer wedding?

• I think it'll be fine. The season and the colors you choose just don't matter at all in my opinion. You can find ways to make appear more "seasonal" by selecting bright summery flowers. The charcoal/dark gray will really show them off by providing a more neutral backdrop. We did dark gray dresses for my fall wedding and everyone looked beautiful! It was dark enough that it worked beautifully with everyone's skin tone compared to a pale gray which probably would've washed everyone out.

• Looks pretty sunny in the pic above to me, OP! Agree about the flowers; white or a soft coral would be beautiful and keep the summery feel you want. I'd stick to lighter more flowing fabrics like a georgette or chiffon so that they aren't too heavy.

• Color would be beautiful, just pick a fabric that is light and airy for summer instead of a heavy satin one.
  • I love the look. Just fore warning you, I was in a wedding last summer (August) where the dresses were very similar to the ones in your picture and it was an extremely hot day. We were outside taking pictures and all of the girls started sweating through the dresses. The gray made the underarm, back, and under-boob sweat marks very prominent. 
  • i love the dark gray look..as PPs mention, just make sure it's a lighter material...and maybe explore the dresses be of different length?
  • Agree with @Knottie1431469292 !  Just be careful with the material in the summer.  Certain grey dresses will show sweat marks if your girls sweat while outside in the heat! Other than that, I love the idea, especially with light colored flowers (white, pale pinks, corals, ect)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards