Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Photographer suggestions

I am getting married south of Boston and I am struggling to determine what a resonable amount is to pay for photos.  I was hoping to keep it under $2k but I'm thinking that's not possible.  Any recommendations on photographers in the Boston area?

Re: Photographer suggestions

• Options
    Moved to Boston board by mod
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    Kimberly Jones Photography.
  • Options
    We love Andrea Jay Photography www.andreajay.com
  • Options
    Yeah, the more I researched, the more I found it seemed like we were going to have to pay $3000 + for wedding photos. But I think you can get a good photographer for closer to your budget depending on how many hours you are looking to have them photograph for. We ended up choosing Siri Jones Photography. She's based out of Somerville and we love her so far. 

Let me know how many hours you're thinking - I ended up emailing a lot of photographers in the Boston area to get price packages and I'd be happy to see if I have info from any that fit your price/time frame!
  • Options
    32degrees32degrees member
    First Comment
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    ll981248ll981248 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2015
    I recommend you check out http://www.imcreativephotography.com.
    She definitely has packages in your budget and her work is beautiful.  Good luck!
  • Options
    I emailed the School of Museum of Fine Arts and placed an ad for an MFA student. They all had excellent portfolios and were willing to do a lot of work for less!
  • Options
    http://www.paulrobertberman.com/

A bit more than you were hoping but I honestly think he's one of the best and compared to people asking $10k for work that isn't as good as his, a fucking steal.
  • Options
    IamnowmrsjmsIamnowmrsjms member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2015

Photography by Caitlin-she's around 4k, but her work is excellent and you get what you pay for.  I wouldn't skimp on a photog.  At the end of the day, your photos are the only concrete thing you'll have to remember the day. 

ETA-We got married on 9/26 and she had our photos up on her online gallery and a USB in the mail with ALL of our 1000+ pics on it, THE FOLLOWING WEEK!

The pics were amazing, and we're so happy we hired Caitlin to capture our special day.

• Options
    We booked Andrea Jay Photography too over the Knot, she's a stretch over 2k, but I agree, don't skimp on the wedding photos.  
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Diaz Digital Discoveries!!! Tell him I sent ya =] Cait Flanagan
  • Options
    Berryphotos (www.berryphotos.com) did my wedding back in 2011 and now I'm helping to plan my sisters who lives out of state and their packages are the same price and their pictures are even more beautiful.  We had an amazing experience, they were helpful, knowledgeable and got so many more shots than we ever could have thought up on our own - and all without being in the way or all about pictures the whole time.  We highly recommend them.  Their reviews and their website really say it all.  Awesome pics, awesome reviews, awesome experience.  
  • Options
    We looked at Molly Burns (booked her), Irynas photography, Grace Taylor, Eric Windover, Samantha Walsh, and Morgan ONeill. Everyone was coming in at around $1200 for 8 hours, with no prints.
  • Options
    Also, post an add on the New England School of Photography website. I was able to specify hours, what we wanted, and price, and then they came to me.
  • Options
    We booked Roland Silva with 617 Weddings.
  • Options
    i chose classic photographers im paying 3k, for more then just photographer http://www.classicphotographers.com/pricing/packages.php?state=ma
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards