Wedding Woes

So, this is (hilariously, I guess) frustrating.

You know I've got resumes out all over the place (and I"m getting bupkis back). This morning, I got a phone call from some random person at a random county office saying she had my resume on her fax machine--did I mis-send? I hadn't sent any resumes (in any form) this week yet, so...no (but it was super nice of her to call, if it HAD been a mis-send, I'd have been a wreck)--but it clued me in that someone was sending mine internally, so, YAY!

So, a year or 3 ago, I had an interview @ local Uni to be part of the extension  project but it was a miserable commute. Not a perfect fit for a lot of reasons--I didn't get the offer but was one of the relatively few interviewees. There's a new opening, part time, much more local, that should line up with my skills better.

YAY. The interview committee can see me on Monday the 8th.

Monday the fucking 8th.

So, for 6 months, the Mr. and I have had a vacation scheduled. (not that I have to justify myself, but to justify, this was planned long ago Before I quit. We gave Christmas short shrift to keep it scheduled. In fact, out Christmas present from some folks was $ toward this trip, so we wouldn't have to cancel.  This is 4 whole kid-less days)

Guess what week that trip is?

Ding ding ding, that's right.We leave SUnday. Can't be shifted in any meaningful way.
So. The nice lady I talked to will see if they weill let me remote interview that monday at noon. If I can, great. If I can't...I'm calling it 'not meant to be'
ARRRRGH. I have like 6 months clear (or clear-able) in either direction.  But they can see me only on the 2 days I can't clear.

Re: So, this is (hilariously, I guess) frustrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards