Wedding Woes

A reverse of yesterday- things that are making me happy

1. In the week that DD has had her tubes, I can tell her speech is getting better. This morning after I gave her a snack she actually said "thank you" in a way that I think an outsider would understand what she said. She's still got some issues with balance (although I wonder if she'll be sort of klutzy like me). She's coming along and I think there is less frustration from all of us because she knows what we are saying and we are starting to understand her better. On the flip, she has been having some issues that make me think the journey with her ears is not over. The docs we've seen think she may have a structural defect with her Eustachian tubes (too small or maybe not formed properly) leading to her issues with fluid build-up, etc. so that's a hurdle we may have to cross.

But for today, she said thank you. And it was awesome.

2. I'm incredibly thankful for DS's teacher and his school. He entered kindergarten as one of the youngest kids in the class. He barely knew the alphabet and was okay on most other things. We waffled on whether to send him but did it because we felt that based on his personality, the challenge would be good for him. Anyways- his teacher is amazing. He's come so far and it really is because of his school and her.

On a side note, his school has a lot of male teachers. His Latin teacher (yes, he takes Latin which is crazy to me) is male, and there are others. It's so positive for DS because he likes them and thinks being a teacher would be awesome. I have friends in other schools whose kids have never had a male teacher other than a PE teacher. It's odd to me.

3. In the vein of number 3, I'm proud of DS. He's working really hard and the kid who barely knew his alphabet at the beginning of the year can now read a book (albeit slowly and with some help). He's a whiz at math.

4. DS is kicking ass at work. He got a very large bonus this year which is nice. As much as I bitch about him, he is pretty awesome. He spent all this money on this home theater but damn if he wasn't right that watching movies with a projector isn't really freaking awesome.

Re: A reverse of yesterday- things that are making me happy

• One more to add-

5. Thank you East Asia for the 10 step Korean skin care routine. I am slathering so much stuff on my face and hauling my skincare goods from other countries. I have no idea what is on the boxes because it's in another language and I rely on shitty transitions to determine ingredients and use. But damn if my skin isn't looking much better. My redness from break-outs is fading, my skin looks clearer, it's brighter, and my oiliness seems to be getting better. It's worth it.
  • You know what's making me happy?  Cake.  We had a potluck for an admin who got married last week, and one of the women in customer service makes the most amazing cakes.  I've been working hard to get back to healthy eating, but I made a small exception for a slice of her cake. 

httpsthoughtcatalogfileswordpresscom201307regret-nothinggifw500h240

• In a short 48hrs I will be at home with my FI. I will try not to fall asleep when we are catching up and he will try not to pre-emptively divorce me for my absenteeism. He's going to get the biggest jump on hug in the history of ever. Yes, I am moderately excited.

• This is a good post. I needed this before my bad attitude gets out of control and takes over.

With as much BS as I've dealt with at work this week, I am super thankful to be working under a manager who is involved (not in a micro-managing kind of way) and understanding. She is great. I can ask her any question any time and she is always more than willing to not only answer it, but also sit down with me and work through things.

I also am thankful that I get 20 days of PTO this year. I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

DH is a rock star and so is my mom. Mom just got a new job after looking for one for a looong time, and DH does the dishes every day when he gets home from work so I don't have to deal with them when I get home. It's the little things.

• My kid is testing out DH's new bluetooth speaker (his bday present from us) by putting on a karaoke performance in my office to serenade me the last few minutes of work. 
  • Happy Birthday CMG!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards